For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 3:33 PM

Technical Issues with Moving Service

Hi, and thank you for reading.

I have contacted U-Verse at least 5 times over the last week to help with moving my service and no one has been able to help. I am moving into a condo a few blocks from where I currently live - the condo does not have U-Verse Cable service available so I asked for assistance cancelling my U-Verse services and installing AT&T Internet at the new location which is available. Three times i have called in for help and have been told that they were experiencing technical issues when searching for the new address (building is 7 years old and addresses exist for other condo Units but they couldn't find my Unit) and I was told to call back at another time. The second time I called someone helped me set up the Unit for the address in the system and I received a confirmation email the new address was now available; however, I'm still unable to set up service for the new address after calling in several more time.

The fourth time I called someone said they would set up the service at the new address and cancel cable and internet at the current address. I did not receive a confirmation email so I called back the next day and was told they were unable to find my address or new order information and that I needed to call back because they were again experiencing technical issues. I only want to cancel my service at the current address since I am unable to move it to the new address and set up Internet at the new address. Moving is NOT easy. Can anyone help?

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

When I enter the address it says I need to Call to Order. I do have an email stating "We Have Completed Your AT&T U-Verse Address Validation Request". If I Call to Order, should I be able to both order AT&T Internet service and cancel my existing U-Verse Cable and Internet services without a cancellation fee since it is not available at the new address?

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Problem solved. I called Spectrum and they were immediately able to provision my address and schedule installation. New service is over 5 times as fast, and total bill for same channels is even less than DirectTV would have been (had ATT ever figured out how to hook it up at the new address).
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.