Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
smithanne's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, July 20th, 2015 6:34 PM

TOTAL SCREWUP BY AT&T - WILL LEAVE YOU ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've had service with AT&T for over 20 years.  We had a service plan with six mg download on DSL - we decided to port our phone number to OOMA, because we kept being offered U_VERSE over and over only to be told it wasn't available. 

My husband an IT professional, followed all instructions - talked to AT&T several times to make sure they understood we were leaving all of our services in place, except phone. 

AT&T disconnected our Internet, and then when they 'restored' it, they downgraded our services to 3 mg. 

HOURS ON THE PHONE just trying to get it reconnected. There's no fix for it, but my husband - who is that IT professional, has a lot of contacts on Linked in and other professional sites and he plans to reach out to his many contacts at AT&T with an earful on this issue. 

Just letting you know. 

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @smithanne

You may want to contact AT&T concerning this issue. I would suggest that you talk to their AT&T U-verse Care department to see if they can help out with your issue getting U-verse services. You may need to contact the AT&T Customer Care team if the U-verse team also concludes that service isn't available, they should be able to help you with your speed issue if U-verse doesn't fall through.

The U-verse Care Team can be contacted by clicking the link below:

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2365485

In the message body, please include the following:

- Name

- Address

- Phone number

- Email address

- The best time to contact you if needed

- The problem you are having (in detail)

The AT&T Customer Care Team can be contacted by clicking here - 

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Below is an image describing where to enter information within your message:

privatemessage.jpg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Look, I appreciate your response.  We live in a rural area.  We would have liked Uverse and VOIP. But we have talked to Uverse customer service EVERY time we've gotten a notice from them that it's available in our area and are always told, sorry, it's not actually available.  We have kept a home line for years.  SO, we decided to go with OOMA.  We have DirecTV and cell service too through A&T. So we're talking - by the time we pay our DirecTV bill, almost $400 a month.  We were ONLY dropping our phone service.  OOMA gives you very specific instructions on notifying the phone company and what you must do to prevent them from disconnecting your internet services. My husband followed them to the letter - as I said - he's an IT professional.  He actually works for a competitor as a Network Security Manager, so he's no lightweight.  He knows what he's doing.  We even made arrangements with AT&T to keep the coverage on our lines into the house.  That's the repair service on our hard lines - so there could have been no point at which AT&T could have misinterpreted our intent to keep our internet and DSL.  They disconnected our service, refused to reconnect, insisted we had to submit to a credit check to get the service reconnected, and then, when they reconnected us, they downgraded our service, AND they're charging us the same amount as before.  No, we are actively looking - the $400 a month we pay them obviously doesn't mean anything to them.  Nineteen years - we even kept service in place when we lived abroad and paid our bill months in advance at a time. So, our resolution is to post this story everywhere - Clark Howard - Consumer Reports - Linked In, you name it.  Only one person in this entire ordeal has even said, I'm sorry, this is our error.  Unfortunately, she was able to do nothing.  So...unless you have an actual solution, like maybe the Senior VP of Customer Relations calling us to apologize and reinstating the service we had before, we're not interested

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

@smithanne

I'm sorry, but I cannot help you through these forums. I am merely just an ACE volunteer on these forums. You must contact the appropriate teams through the links that I have provided above. They can try to escalate your issue if needed. The two teams I linked are higher than the typical customer service representatives. If you explain the situation, they can try to get your line back to how it was if possible. I wish I could help you, but I sadly don't have any access to any accounts.

Please remove the private information from your posts since this forum is public.

When you are contacting the AT&T Customer Care team, you can try to link it to your post here, since you have already provided a lot of information. Expect a response within the next two days.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I imagine you are an AT&T employee or retiree - I get it, but

.  I just spent the last hour on a chat about my bill - All I wanted to get was information on my internet useage for the past year.  8 transfers. This is not working. 

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

This is a forum for customers to talk to other customers.

On occasion, ATT employees read thru on their own time, in an unofficial capacity, but are not empowered to actually DO anything.

I won't give the link, as I think it already was, but you can try sending a message to the ATT customer care team, or use the chat now feature found on about any att site page, or, as you've already done, calling the customer support representative.

Darkness Rises is a customer who has read thru most of the posts on this site, over time, built up a good working knowledge of subjects related to ATT, and helps out as he can to others who post here.

No one in the management of ATT routinly reads this. so pretty much anything posted here stays here. Might feel good to vent, but thats about all you are doing.

The ace designation means, others have voted on him as knowldgabe and helpful.

Deos not pay anything, and beyond the warm fuzzies of earning it, does nto enable him to do anything more than anyone else who posts on this forum can do.

On the other hand, if they give a recomendation on a topic, the "Ace" implies, they are at least worthy of being listened to. No one is obligated to accept the advice, and advice is all that can be done by another customer.

In any case, one hoples that you eventually reach a resolution to your issue that satifes you, even if it's not exactly what you'd hoped for.

Good day, and good life.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for your response. We spent 8 hours total on line with AT&T.  That was on Friday.  On Saturday, two more.  Today another two.  And then, I spent an hour chatting on line today with customer care.  An hour.  During that hour, I was passed between 8 reps each of whom I had to provide my basic info - none of whom could help me with a simple question.  I understand that this is a customer forum -and that most of you guys love AT&T and that's why I posted this. I appreciate that he, and you took the time to attempt to respond.  Unfortunately, it was not helpful - the link to Uverse customer support does not provide me we help for my DSL line which was downgraded.  And when those nice guys on Uverse Customer Support transfer me, they transfer me to the Philippines.  And the guy there can't help me either.  They cannot even tell me how much data on average I use monthly, and keep sending me to the same location..  You see, I WAS a happy AT&T customer - until they showed me they didn't give a jolly darn about me.  Thanks, I'm done. You have a nice life too .  Companies don't change behavior as long as they can get away with it. I intend to infect every site where people talk about AT&T with this story. 
Insert Reply Above This Line--- 

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hello, @smithanne!

Thanks for posting.  I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience. We have received your private message and look forward to working with you to remedy the situation.

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I received a response from Brandon.  Is that who I should be working with on this?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Yes! Brandon will be your assigned rep for this case.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

9 years ago

Got my problem solved with u-verse. Going back to Comcast.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.