Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
annapurvis03's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, July 15th, 2018 1:22 AM

Registration page lsreg.att.net keeps appearing even though I’ve registered already. Can’t connect t

We have fixed wireless internet installed last week. We can use the internet as long as we are using apps on devices. But when we open up a web browser, the lsreg.att.net registration page pops up - not every time, but majority of the time. We are already registered per AT&T. When we do complete the fields for registering, it tells us we already have an account, and our access ID is incorrect, and if we use the account number and passcode, it says our account number is wrong. I can use my access ID and password successfully on att.com to pay bills, view usage, etc. (how ironic). We’ve called multiple times, went through the rebooting of the modem and removing cache/cookies on all devices. It will work fine for several hours after that, but then it starts up again. Technician has been out, and has done all he can do. A lead technician is supposed to come out next week. Has anyone else had this issue? And was it resolved? We are going to have to cancel it if it doesn’t.  We live out in the country and have very few internet options. May have to go back to Verizon mi-fi...

Employee

• 

540 Messages

6 years ago

Defiantly an account side issue!

What did the first technician do? 

Sounds like a tech needs to chat into tier 2 and have them push the registration thru the system, or clear it out all together and start over.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I’m not completely certain what the tech did because I have a 2 year old and was trying to keep him out of the way. I know he was on the phone with his supervisor and we did try to log in the registration screen together and I believe he reset the modem perhaps. I spoke with someone at AT&T and she told me we were already registered, so I’m not sure. My husband called them yesterday (we’ve been taking turns) and suggested the start completely over approach. Hoping the lead technician can solve our issues

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

We just got it installed last week and have the exact same issues and still can't register so we can't use most online pages.   We were first told that it would be fixed within 24 hours (by phone tech support) because it was an issue with "lines at the Central Office" being repaired.  However, after reading how many people this has happened to since early 2017 without resolve I am leery that we are going to be able to keep this service.  If you chat online you are directed to a phone support person because they aren't equipped to handle "fixed wireless internet" issues, as I was told many times.   The phone support people transfer you around alot and I have spent countless hours on the phone but it still won't work today. Even our tech didn't know what to do. They said a tech has to come back but it isn't on the tech's part, rather At&T's.  We were leaving ViaSat but now have to pay for 2 providers in August since this isn't fully working. and we have to have internet in the country and our options are limited.    At&T seems to tell us every single excuse that previous posters were given. I have never had any of their services before and definitely won't use them for anything else at this point.   Please AT&T, realize that your customers are paying for a service that they deserve to get! 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

After 4 techs coming out multiple times (including the tech’s supervisor), and hours spent on the phone with AT&T, we were still were being redirected to the registration page. We were finally told to call AT&T and cancel our account and request a new one be set up. One tech said he has had a similar issue but with Direct TV and that’s what solved the problem. We are waiting on fixed wireless to be reinstalled on August 8.  Hopefully that will solve the issue. I’m certain it is an issue on AT&T’s side and not something the technicians did. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you so much for that suggestion. It makes sense and we have a follow-up tech appt tomorrow afternoon so  I called tech support today and asked if that sounded like a solution that they could try and the phone rep agreed that it might solve it.   We are supposed to be getting a Tier 2 tech tomorrow and I will let you know if they solve the issue for us.   

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I hope it works for you.  The tech was here for a few hours but there was nothing really for him to do specifically outside talking to Customer Service for hours on the phone and finally they said they cancelled the account and normally it happens right away but for some reason it would take a bit for it to go through and they would follow up with me over the next 24 hours to provide me a new account number.  That was days ago of course and not only did it  not cancel as I was told it would to create a new account number, but now someone has decided that we can't do it because as they stated, "Once it cancels we cannot create a new account for you."   That is beyond ridiculous.  So we are on the hook for another month of ViaSat at 117.00 per month and AT&T has already billed us for the first month plus 99.00 for installation.    NOT paying that till it works!     Also, if you want to cancel your account they have to cancel it and that is the dept that claims they cancelled it but it never went through, so none of it makes sense. I am so beyond frustrated with AT&T.     I really hope it works for you when your tech comes, and please let me know if it did.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I was wondering if your issue was resolved when your installer came this week?   Thank you..

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Yes! Ours is working now. A tech came out and installed it again, and he successfully registered our account. We have had no issues since he installed it on Wednesday. Did you try to set up a new account in another persons name? My husband was on the first account that wouldn’t register. He cancelled. Then a few days later I called and set a new one up in my name. I do remember them telling my husband on the phone “they don’t recommend cancelling bc it may not be available still when we open a new account”. My husband just told them, well that’s just a risk I’ll take because it’s not working anyway. Probably 2 or 3 days later I called and set up and it was available still in our area. Apparently they are only allowed so many users in an area?? I’m not sure on that though. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Going through this exact same issue with service that was established on 9/11/18. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, then early last week, my browser started being redirected to the lsreg page. After several phone calls and one tech visit, still no reliable internet. My laptop shows it is connected to the internet, but my phone, TV and tablet will not connect. I can only access sites through an app if I have one. Any site I try to connect to through the browser is redirected. The cs reps are useless, as was the technician. He didn't even bother to try to chat in with anyone else. Just said it was an account issue and to call the same number that I've already called three times. I did call again, and guess what, still not fixed. I can log into AT&T site to pay my bill, which is paid already, but I can use it on the lsreg page without getting the you have already registered error message. It appears that I have fixed wireless "service" because my modem is lit up green in all places, however it's as if someone flipped a switch and turned my service off, like they would if my service were being disconnected for not paying the bill or whatever other reasons there are for turning service off. It is very frustrating. I feel like I just paid a bill for a month's service and only really had two weeks service that was useable. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

As of this morning the same thing is happening with mine.  It is like they flipped a switch and now we cannot even get a connection through apps.  We have had to make pmts to 2 providers all these months because of AT&T being so terrible and now this one is useless. The techs don't care and the tech support is of no help.  If you search back to early 2017 they were telling customers all the same lies they are telling us to get us off the phone, only they aren't working on it and nothing will change. When mine was installed I was told "they are working on lines outside our Central office so it will be working in the next 24 hours and you can get through the regisration page."   They told customers that in January 2017.  It was not true at all.   Better Business Bureau is the only way to go at this point since clearly it is not going to work and they won't fix it yet they will expect it to be paid through contract.  I will never again in my life go with any AT&T product.  This was our first and last.   

• 

3 Messages

Did you get Directv and fixed wireless installed on the same account? Same day? Same tech?
Just trying to get to the (Edited per community guidelines) of this issue.
Thanks

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.