For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
tehwilsonator's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, April 27th, 2017 3:17 PM

My password for login doesn't work no matter how many times I change it

Every time I log in to att.com, I have to go through the forgot password functionality, even though I have made absolutely sure to have the correct password (I use a password manager, typically, so forgetting it isn't even a possibility, but I have also manually set a password at AT&T just to make sure it wasn't some weird interaction between my manager and the site and it still fails). Also, whenever I reset the password, I receive four duplicate confirmation emails per reset. What is broken, here, and what can I do to get around how it is broken?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Via support, the problem was that the user id requires the @att.net domain name, which isn't indicated in any of the UI elements, and which doesn't stop the password recovery process, which negatively reinforces the idea that that the username without domain is a valid identifier.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So it's 2 years after the original post but I  am just now having this same problem.  I log in using my prepaid phone number so I'm not sure where to put @att.net or if it is even a solution nowadays.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.