For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
erick_m's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 8:36 PM

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

In case it helps, I found a solution after ATT told me there was nothing they could do.  Seems as though the ATT.Net email was never linked to my yahoo email, but prior to ATT.Net there was a sbcglobal.net email.  ATT could not see that email in their tools, but I was able to use their website to reset the password and that magically flowed over to my Yahoo email.  Hope that helps others.

Good Luck

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

What do I do if I my Yahoo account is still linked to ATT but I do not have an ATT login because I am no longer an ATT customer? 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

contacting Techlabs24x7 is a problem all by itself.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

@schumert wrote:

What do I do if I my Yahoo account is still linked to ATT but I do not have an ATT login because I am no longer an ATT customer? 

If your two accounts are still merged, since you are no longer an active att customer, you can un-merge then.

I apologise, i do not knot the exact steps to do that, but are faily easy to find on here with a simpel topic search.. (how to unmerge e-mail accounts)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Same issue, yahoo email sending junk out to everyone and I can't change my password. I was able to change my att password but yahoo staying same and when trying to change it it's taking me to att site.... Circle of insanity... HELP!!!

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@schumert wrote:

@schumert   See this ATT support page:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1047015

Good luck 🙂

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

wow, colse to the mark but my email address is schumert@pacbell.net (pacbell was taken over by ATT) so I'm guessing that if I unlink att from my yahoo account, I will lose my pacbell.net address. Is there any way to change the password and keep my pacbell.net address? Is there some way to call ATT support wihout being a customer to get my password changed?

I don't really care about my yahoo email address.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm having the same issue and I'm so angry because I think my yahoo was hacked and want to change my password and I'm going through all this non sense.  No matter what it keeps redirecting me to AT&T which is not my yahoo.  I don't know what to do getting really over all things AT& T at this point.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I solved this.  Try going here and follow the instructions on how to determine your ATT account user name.  Then, reset your password via ATT.  When your password is reset with ATT, it will be reset with the associated Yaoo account.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/email-support/KM1010440

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Also, after I reset my att.net password, I strangely was able to access my Yahoo email through the att account, but the new password wouldn't work if I logged into Yahoo directly, using my yahoo email address.  (still had the old password associated)  So, I deleted the att.net account.  Then, the next time I logged into Yahoo, it popped up with a notificaiton that my att account was deleted and provided the much needed "unmerge" option.  Done.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.