For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
alex-sanabria's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 22nd, 2018 6:47 PM

My home only can get Internet Basic 768kbps, How do i push Fiber optic to get installed?

When i plug my address into AT&T products for your home all i get is Internet Basic 768kbps My house was built in 1991 and I assume all my neighbors in the close vicinity only have Comcast for high speed as an option. I would like to know what i need to do to request Fiber Optic for my house/area i have nothing but complaints from neighbors telling me that they are sick with Comcast service which we are too. I'm willing to sign up for a 5 or 10 year program if needed and even willing to contribute into the cost of installing to the neighborhood!! Any help!!! Should i get my alderman involved? Should i write a letter to AT&T Everyday until it gets installed? I'm in CHICAGO for goodness sake!!

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

6 years ago

@alex-sanabria, Good afternoon! Thank you so much for your patience while your case was under review. I could definitely help you out with your concern on requesting high speed internet in your area. I can completely understand your point, and do not worry, this is what we need to do to help you getting Internet Fiber Optic in your area as soon as possible. Please go to https://www.att.com/att/multifamily-property/ to make the request. It-;s necessary to await for an email reply, as the resolution of our specialized department in charge of the requests for installing new internet services. Thank you so much for having given us the opportunity to assist you! @ATTCares.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks I went on there to apply but i did notice this stats it is for
multifamily-property. I'm looking for Single family home application. Is
there another link for that?

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

6 years ago

Not a problem @alex-sanabria  I want to let you know that you can feel free to fill up the format on that page for multifamily property, what happen is that in order to request fiber it would be necessary to do some changes in the whole area in order to have Fiber available for all the community in that specific place. Do not hesitate to reach us back anytime you need it, We are here to help! -ATTCares. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

6 years ago

If you have a homeowners association, perhaps you could negotiate a deal with AT&T's multi-family (used be called Communities Program).  Short of that, you and all your neighbors should make a concerted effort to go to the AT&T Fiber availability page, look up your address and check the "notify me when available" box.  If you are close to where they are already providing (or better yet, are soon to provide) fiber service, they may decide to include your area.  

Those are the ways you can go directly to AT&T to tell them of your interest and try to work something out.  Another avenue is to go to your local government and see if they're willing to recruit some Internet access competition by providing incentives to AT&T to light-up your neighborhood.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.