Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

How can I find out if I can get Fiber at my new house?

Highlighted
Contributor

How can I find out if I can get Fiber at my new house?

I just want to know if Fiber will be available in the house I'm moving to soon. The "coverage maps" I found didn't help. Can anyone help me find this information?

Thank you,

Mary

Message 1 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎08-01-2018 12:31 PM

Re: How can I find out if I can get Fiber at my new house?

https://www.att.com/shop/unified/availability.html

enter zip and address, if direct fiber is available will have internet speeds to choose from of 100, 300, 500 or 1000.

If a speed is offered less than 1000 such as 25, 50, 75, or 100.... this is still fiber, FTTN, or fiber to the node (neighborhood) with last distance on copper. The longer the copper the lower the speed available. 100M on FTTN is bonded pair less than 1000 feet from VRAD. 75M is bonded pair less than 1800 feet. at 3000 feet plus would be 25M.

edit, if the question is will the address have fiber option in the future... that would be unknown as company does not provide expansion plans to general public or front line employees at have customer facing positions. Unless see fiber being deployed with new terminals on your street would be the only indication that fiber is in the future. May take 1 to 6 months after terminals placed before going live for ordering depending on what all needs to be completed. 

12.5 million addresses are scheduled to be completed by mid to late 2019. 3+ million within the next 16 months in 21 states as over 9 million (72%) completed end of June 2018.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response! Just to make sure I understand, does that mean if a plan says "Up to 75 Mbps with Internet 75", it's fiber to the node?

Message 3 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by annoyedaf
‎07-23-2018 12:12 PM

Correct. up to 75/20 would be bonded pair (2 lines) FTTN. This means likely within 3 city blocks of VRAD.

50M could be either single pair less than 1000 feet (doubled would be 100M) or bonded with two 25M.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Awesome, thank you very much!

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support