For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
zvaughan's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, April 9th, 2017 8:49 PM

What equipment needs to be installed for Internet 100?

Hi, 

No one seems to know the answer to my question at ATT. I currently have a fiber line in my unit with a PACE 5268AC Gateway/Modem provided by ATT. I would like to upgrade my service from Internet 18 to Internet 100. They keep saying a technician needs to come on site to change my equipment but another individual at ATT confirmed that the modem they use for Internet 100 is the Pace 5268AC. One person even suggested they would upgrade my modem to Moto NVG510 which doesnt event support 802.11ac. Not one person remotely understood that I have the same equipment that others use for Internet 100

Does anyone know what they might need to "upgrade" to make my unit accept Internet 100 service? 

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

@zvaughan

Your current 5268ac and the physical connection to the street can probably support up to 48 Mbps without any upgrades to 5268ac and the wiring to the street, though a technician would have to come out to make configuration changes and confirm that is the case.

When you move to 100 Mbps, additional equipment will probably be installed adjacent to where your the box on the exterior of your home connects your house wiring to street wiring. They could also just replace that box with a new one but there are a lot of dependencies which will determine exactly what will be installed. The 5268ac would probably be replaced with the same model but different firmware.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

7 years ago

Never will be an issue for me>>LOL. We have Uverse, but here they just have fiber up to the node, then all copper up the street to our homes, a 40+ yr. old subdivision, and I can never imagine AT&T running fiber all the way here to each home. So the highest I can be given a 18Mbps, but I actually get near 23, which is outstanding. Heck I was watching Netflix just fine with a 3Mbps DSL connection before 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.