For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
deteria's profile

Mentor

• 

14 Messages

Wednesday, October 31st, 2018 4:12 AM

PACE 11.1.0.531418 DMZ Issue

I put my router behind the PACE gateway and set the router as DMZ.  The latest firmware is crapping out my fiber connection where I'm only able to get 50mbps down and 1-200 up.   I thought it was my router crapping out, but apparently when I connect any other device directly to the gateway, I'm able to pull 940mbps up and down.  I swapped an older router and placed that device in the DMZ And it starts acting up and the previous router started working normally.

Can someone look into this?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

@turnerm05  -  I told the guy after he wanted to reset my modem a 2nd time, that would not be acceptable to me, that he just needed to acknowledge that this is a known issue, apologize and send me a different device. He advised I should just be patient... I said I was, and that I was also being reasonable by not asking for any sort of service credit for degraded service as a result of their faulty device, that I just wanted a non faulty device. I was then magically told my new device request was approved and I should have it in 2 business days. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, I spent about 20 minutes in chat explaining that I specifically need a different model than the 5268, and the guy on chat confirmed multiple times that I would be getting the BGW-210. Opened my fedex package today and guess what? 5268.

I have no idea how a company's customer service can be so terrible. First you push out an update without proper testing that breaks a fundamental part of the RG. Then you have customer service agents who just tell customers whatever they want to hear to get them off the line. Amazing.

I'm honestly an inch away from throwing this RG out of the window and just depending on my Hotspot, it's proven to be way more reliable that UVERSE.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Just received my NVG599 and speeds are back to normal 950/950 using IP Passthrough.

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

@natemate I feared this would happen to me.  That's why I kept contacting them asking them to confirm what I was getting.  At one point it was another Pace 5268 and I told them that it HAD to be an NVG599 or a BGW210.  So they told me that it would be a BGW210 only to find out a few days ago that it was indeed an NVG599.  That's ultimately fine with me but the incompetence of their support staff is mind boggling.

My order shows an NVG599 was shipped.  If I open it up to find a Pace 5268 I think I'm gonna blow a head gasket! 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

@turnerm05

Yup, I called back in angrily today and told them I had a chat transcript of the guy promising the BGW-210 specifically multiple times. I was finally told that that specific RG is out of stock and I can get a NVG599 instead. 

Sure, I'll take that I guess. Anything but the Pace. The admin webUI on that thing is just terrible. I sincerely wish I could just get a MODEM, instead of this RG nonsense.  I only want UVERSE to do one thing - act as a dumb line bringing me my 0s and 1s. Let ME worry about routing/access point stuff. We wouldn't be having this issue if the 5268ac was a simple modem would we? I honestly can't wait to move out of my apartment, I'm stuck with U-VERSE thanks to some nonsense exclusive contract with my apartment complex. Literally 20 feet away,  there are businesses with gigabit fiber.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Just wanted to add that I am also experiencing this issue with the new firmware. Support was absolutely less than useless on the issue. I cannot get above 50Mbps using dmz plus any longer. 

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

The only reason I went with Uverse in the first place is that they were the only ones in my area with Gigabit service.  That has since changed.  When I was with Spectrum I had 300 Mbs service and honestly - there's very little noticeable difference between 300 and 1,000 for most practical uses.  The BIGGEST difference is the solid upload speed and that does benefit me in some scenarios (remote streaming my plex library for one).

Anyway - with Spectrum I literally called them and asked them to put my router in bridge mode.  Bam, done.  On the spot.  AT&T is making this more difficult than it needs to be.  And they are naive if they think one little RG is going to service a 5,000 sf home.

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

5 years ago

Ordered a NVG599. Great! No. They sent me another 5268.  Ordered a 2nd NVG599.. Great! No. They sent me another 5268.  Groundhog Day. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

That blows...just downgrade while you are waiting.  At least go back to 3 months ago times/speeds. 

1) Plug computer directly into Pace router

2) http://192.168.1.254/upgrade

3) upload this file: 

gateway.c01.sbcglobal.net/firmware/00D09E/10.7.0.530220-PROD/att-5268-10.7.0.530220_prod_lightspeed-install.pkgstream

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Just added an update here. I was experiencing this problem on 10.7 firmware, however my Sonos were acting up last night so I decided to rebuild my entire home network from scratch, even changing the SSID and local IP settings to clear out any ghost certificates.

Did a HARD reset on the Pace5268 by holding down the red reset button for 40 seconds or so.  (FYI..The gateway takes about 10 minutes to boot back up after doing the hard reset .. I was getting worried..)

Once that was back up, the only thing I did was turn off the built in WiFi radios.

Then I factory reset my Orbi and started from scratch. Did the IP range as 10.0.0.x on the Orbi and set up each device one by one.

Went back into the Pace and put the Orbi into DMZ+ mode. Rebooted the Orbi, then rebooted the modem and the Orbi again.

I know this is massive pain... however - it has solved the DMZ+ issue.

I am getting 929 down/936 up wired to the Orbi.

I confirmed I'm not double NAT'd by running a traceroute to 1.1.1.1.

Still on FW 10.7

Here's hoping it continues to work!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.