For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
realmeangarage's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, May 25th, 2018 7:04 PM

Our outbound port 25 email traffic from our mail server we run is blocked

We recently switched to ATT fiber internet and our in house email server outbound messages are not getting out. We had ATT create the PTR dns record for reverse DNS which is verified correct(see below), and of course the forward dns is correct(see below). The email server was fully working when we had the previous ISP only 2 weeks ago. The EXIM4 config was changed to the new static IP address and is currently receiving email correctly. Another message in this forum says to ask for help here. At least this is where I was sent when I clicked the link "U-verse Customer Service" but I might have been redirected. 😕

dan@dlworld:~$ nslookup realmeangarage.net
Server: 127.0.1.1
Address: 127.0.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: realmeangarage.net
Address: 70.229.14.9

dan@dlworld:~$ nslookup 70.229.14.9
Server: 127.0.1.1
Address: 127.0.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
9.14.229.70.in-addr.arpa name = boss3.realmeangarage.net.

This is at least a tier 2 issue....

Please help us get this port 25 blocking removed on IP ADDRESS 70.229.14.9

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Att blocks smtp port 25 for spam purposes as documented in this article.  Theoretically you can get 25 unblocked but I believe it costs $49 to do it.  Start by contacting ATT ConnecTech support.  That link shows a telephone number (866.294.3464) and the ConnecTech webpage.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I contacted Jeremy at pro-dns@att.com, which previously handled the reverse dns, and asked if he could also fix the port 25 blocking. He got it fixed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.