For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
dfoshay's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018 3:17 PM

ATT Fiber Modem

I just ordered service for ATT Fiber and I would like to know what modem typically comes with the service at installation?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Can you tell me which router is better:  model 5268AC or model BGW210-700

I have been having issues with the internet speed and connectivity AT&T has replaced one router with the other but neither is what AT&T says is 100MBps. Which of these routers is newer.

Thank you

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I have my own Linksys WRT1900ac Wireless gigabyte ready router that I want to use.  I just want to buy a modem that is compatible with AT&T's fiber service.  I don't want the AT&T router because it will not work with my surveillance camera's.  I just want a gigabyte MODEM I can put into bridge mode and continue using my own router.  Any suggestions on products that are compatible?

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

5 years ago

This is an easy one!  There are exactly ZERO modems you can buy that will work with AT&T Fiber.  Which is, coincidentally, the exact same number of third party gateways you can buy that work on Fiber.

Which AT&T gateway do you have?  Both should be able to handle the cameras with the proper port forwarding and current firmware.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I was not there for the installation but I left a note for the AT&T Prem Tech to put his modem/router in Full bridge mode.  He connected the AT&T BGW210 it to my Linksys 1900AC which by the way IS compatible with AT&T fiber.  It's all good camera's are accessible remotely and getting Gigabyte speed.  Props to the AT&T Prem Tech that installed it.  Glad AT&T is hiring capable people.  I got to admit I had my doubts it would go smoothly but it did. 

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

5 years ago

He connected the AT&T BGW210 it to my Linksys 1900AC which by the way IS compatible with AT&T fiber

There was never a doubt that it was compatible.  You asked about compatible modems you could buy and there aren't any.  I also added that if you wanted to buy a gateway (modem + router) that the situation was the same.

I'm glad that the tech did such a great job.  Most of the field techs I've worked with (even dating back from the original Baby Bell days!) are pretty good and really want to make the customer happy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.