For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
walken's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 1:25 AM

I am confused about what Internet price points may be available to me

I am at AT&T customer in Cupertino, currently on the Internet 100 fiber plan.

For the first year I was charged $60/month for the Internet plan. Recently the pricing switched to $70/month, which I had not planned for, so my automatic payments got a bit off track while I was in vacation.

I am quite confused as to what price points may be available to me:

- Looking at my bill online, my current monthly charge is listed as $70 for "Internet 100 Stand-alone$10 off"

- Looking at "Change your service" in my account, I can see that I could upgrade to the Internet 300 (fiber) plan for the same monthly price of $70 (listed as $90 - $10 off ongoing -$10 off first 12 months). I was not able to find the conditions that may be associated to this, does that put me on a new yearly contract ? Is there an ETF associated with it ? What happens at the end of 12 months, am I able to get back to the Internet 100 fiber plan if I want to save a few bucks ?

- Looking at https://www.att.com/shop/u-verse/offers.html, the Internet 100 (fiber) plan I am on seems to be advertised at $50/month for the first year. It is not clear to me if I should be able to get that price by extending my contract for another year ???

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for clarifying the terms of the "change your service" offer - this addresses my issue. I am marking your answer as solution.

I remember this information was very easy to find when I signed up last year, and I was disappointed that it wasn't as readily available now. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a chat support option anymore also didn't help, as this was a really quick way to clarify this sort of minor issues.

I agree that walking out just to sign back up with new service sounds like it'd be a huge hassle for everyone involved. If anyone is thinking about going that far... hint, try talking to the retentions department first, they may be able to help 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

OK, I'm trying to clarify this for my own situation. I plan to move to a new address in November. My current contract ends in a week. If I upgrade my plan and renew my contract now, then transfer my service in two months, then am I forced to pay an ETF for transferring the service to my new residence or will everything, including my ongoing contract, carry over to the new address?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.