For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
whitehat01's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 27th, 2015 5:51 PM

iPhone 6s + Microcell

Received my 6s and, after two days and five phone calls to AT&T, found that the 6s doesn't work with the microcell - neither apple nor AT&T has figure it out.  Sending back the i6 and probably dropping AT&T.  Do you think someone would do some testing before they start shipping??  I'm dead in the water at work without the Microcell. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Had problems pairing iPhone 6s with Microcell.  I deactivated Microcell and disconnected it from both power and router, and let sit for a few minutes before re-connecting.  Then I re-entered all of the Microcell information as if it was a new setup.  Immediately made connection and is working fine.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

9 years ago

Yes. That seems to be what works for most. I will be adding the following instructions to the Guide as soon as I can:

1. Log into your myAT&T account and go to your MicroCell settings.
  2. Disconnect your MicroCell device. You may or may not have to delete phone numbers so try it first without deleting phone numbers.
  3. Turn off the power to the MicroCell, wait a couple of minutes and then restore power.
  4. Continue to setup the MicroCell and reactivate your account as if it were brand new. You may have to use uppercase letters when entering your address.
  5. Once activation is complete, turn off and then on again your phone. You may have to do that twice.

Disconnecting the MicroCell and starting over from scratch forces the MicroCell to go thru the entire activation process as if it were new. This includes downloading any updates that are available but may not have been pushed to your MicroCell Service Area yet. Turning off and then on again your phone after successful activation registers the MicroCell to the phone’s cellular neighborhood.

This probably has to do with the new hardware of the iPhone 6S (full complement of GSM and CDMA frequencies) which more than likely resulted in a new range of IMEI codes (which are explained in the Tech Guide) forcing the customers to re-register everything.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.