For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Androider's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 24th, 2016 11:26 PM

Samsung Galaxy S6 and Micro-Cell

I have had this issues since we installed the Micro-Cell. My wife uses an I-Phone and has never faced a problem. Prior to my S6 I had a S4 and was facing the exact same problem.
Just this morning spent 2 hours with the AT&T helpdesk. Very friendly I might add. We rebooted the microcell twice, but no improvement whatsoever.
What is odd is the micro-cell icon at upper left side will come in and out. Searching for the Micro-Cell will sometimes be successful but most times not.
Very frustrating.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

The Android OS, specifically a Samsung device, has a long history of issues with the MicroCell. If there are no issues with the iPhone as you mentioned, that rules out the MicroCell and points back to the Samsung phone.

Try disabling LTE on the S6 and see if that helps the connection. You can also try turning off the S6 completely, wait a few seconds, and turn it back on. Sometimes the phone needs to re-establish the MicroCell as belonging to the S6's "cellular neighborhood". There are no updates or firmware pushes to the MicroCell that will correct the problem because not all Android devices have the same problems. Another common problem with some Android devices is related to MMS/SMS.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.