Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
Bamadad10's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 1st, 2018 4:48 AM

Poor cell signal

Will ATT provide a cell signal booster for poor signal at my residence?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

6 years ago

@Bamadad10 - No. AT&T for many years sold a femtocell (basically a mini cell tower in your home) for poor in-home coverage. It used your internet connection to transfer your cellular calls, via VoIP, to the AT&T Mobility servers. Unfortunately, the MicroCell was discontinued after many years today (Dec. 31st). AT&T will not sell them anymore except possibly at corporate/retail stores as long as the inventory lasts. They are supposed to continue support thru the coming year but I doubt it.

Your best bet for poor in-home coverage is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone supports it. Any iPhone SE or higher and quite a few Android phones support WiFi-C. There is no cost and the cellular calls use your router's WiFi to transfer calls. Call quality and reliability is very good. If you don't have a WiFi-C capable phone, then your only other alternative is to purchase a cellular booster (CelFi or weBoost). They are pricey, not too difficult to install, and do seem to work quite well. Some will even work with any carrier. Or, you can switch carriers to one that offers better in-home coverage for your residence.

I might add that to use WiFi-C on AT&T's network you need to have a post paid AT&T cellular account.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.