For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Peckmom3's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, March 4th, 2014 10:30 PM

Microcell says address is wrong on GPS!! HELP!

Okay, a week ago the 3G light on my microcell started flashing green so I did what I always do when that happens- I rebooted it. A few minutes later the 3G light was blinking red and I got a text message from AT&T saying: 

ERROR 102- The registered address does not match the actual device location.

and an email reading:

There was an error activating your 3G MicroCell. The address you entered during online activation does not match the GPS information provided by the MicroCell.

So I called AT&T and they waked me through several rounds of unplugging, reregistering, etc. All those attempts failed and they mailed me a new microcell. Well the new one arrived the next day and after registering it and making sure that all information was correct, I plugged it it and got the same result. The top 4 lights solid green with the bottom 3G light blinking red and I got the same text message and email. 

I've been on the phone with AT&T every single day since and no one can help me with this problem. I get ZERO cell service at my house without this microcell so this is a real problem. Nothing on my end has changed- same internet service, same location of microcell in the house- right in a window- same everything. This issue was sudden and unexpected because one minute it was working fine and the next minute nothing. 

Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

The Admin said that she forwarded your posting (via my message to her) along with  your cusomter info so hopefully being as it came from internal, you'll get some traction and resolution. I'll do what I can.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Update about 5:30 pm today (May 1st) I got a text message that my mircrocell had been successfully activated.  YEAH!

I am not sure just what the problem has been or how it was solved, since I have had no contact since 4/18. 

Regardless, I want to thank all of those folks who have been working on the problem.

I for one appreciate the time and effort that it must have taken.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

I'm glad to hear that your Mcell has activated.  Perhaps AT&T did something on their end to make that happen, but you'll never know.

Let us know if anything changes.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Avedis. I'm out of town so replying via phone is tedious.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same problem. Around the 1st of March my microcell that had been sitting on a shelf humming away for over a year went to blinking 3G light. Now almost 2 months into this.....

This is the problem that is occuring.......After the 1st of this year (different timing for various area's) the Phase II of E-911 implementation began......I know that google earthing, talking with the people that did the survey (probably at his kitchen table) and checking, that although my house is in the same place (NW Okla, very rural) that nearly any database that can even find my location or address puts me 3 miles East of where I really am.

AT&T contracted this surveying out to multiple independant parties and they have turned in "NEW" information to the E-911 system and it appear's that these parties have done a very haphazard and poorly conducted review of addressing. From what I've put together very few of these contractor's used any GPS verification of address's and merely relied on maps and various other unverified information, then turned it in to the Wireless Carrier's.

This is a problem that will cause a very BLACK eye, especially to AT&T.

The lack of any oversite by the Wireless Carrier's or many of the E911 director's in the various state's has created a very hazardous state for many that may some day have to reliy on Emergency service's ...............not to mention the lack of wireless access.

AT&T need to get these contractor's back out quickly into the field with strict guidelines and proper maps ANNNNDDDD Gps to verify at the very least the customer's address's that are having the problems.....Then they need to go to the States E911 commission member's and raise a little ........weeeeellll.

This keeps up much longer and they are going to lose a 20+ yr customer here. I am working with a Teir 4 person now and have been for over 3 weeks and still no resolution.......as the individual who did the E911 for AT&T here basically flat refuse's to admit he made massive error's and he even told AT&T rep that he wouldn't fix it.

People add your E911 people in your state's and counties to your call and complain list...this is a massive, massive screw up a unheard of proportion.

Also I am suspecting that some issues are aggravated by some of the major internet backbone carrier's that are making changes, especially in the SSL certificates of their web servers and this MAY be biting some as I suspect that their is some kind of certificate matching that the Microcell software does to verify security in addition to the location data.

This is an issue that could use massive media coverage, because AT&T is going to keep bouncing everyone around until it bite's their bottom line!

Like I said I am in very Rural NW Okla, but my microcell worked perfectly until around the 1st of March. I am now sitting on a (more money) Static IP, ALL port blocking removed,

6 mb, Fiber OPTIC line from my ISP's server farm to my house and have spent several hours overall on the phone with the IT guys coordinating this end......But UNTIL AT&T get's off their collective duff's and actually does something ain't nuthin gona git better!

Disgusted Steve

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

@ Satar

I can certainly sympathize with your situation.  We have had many people post about the discrepency between their GPS location and the location database that AT&T uses.  I read that you were working with a Tier 4 support person ( I wasn't aware one even existed) but have you tried contacting Customer Care also (See link below)?

They may be able to help you as they seem to be able to get things moving when the usual phone support can't seem to make any headway .  Send them a message about your problem and be sure to include your location.

ATTCustomerCare

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

I'm back but I see you have the situation well in hand.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Hi
I lost device on 3/26 it is now 5/4 and AT&T has NOT resolved the issue with my flashing 3G light.
I have no other choice but to take my business account to another provider. I have been very patience but do not see a fix in the near future.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Have you contacted CustomerCare (link in my sig?).

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T contacted me about my MCell. I have received 2 calls, both of which were unfortunately cut short due to the MCell cutting out. I received a voice message today after the last call was dropped that there is a known issue with MCell dropping calls with LTE Apple phones. A new MCell that will work with LTE devices is being worked on but this is not known when it will be available. I dropped 4 calls today, rebooted the MCell 5 times. For whatever reason, this is getting worse. (Our MCell doesn't show red - the green light is either on, blinking, or goes out and it has been out more than on today). And there doesn't appear to be a fix in sight. I'm confused why this seems to be getting worse. We may have to change providers so we have phone coverage unfortunately.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.