For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
HeatherB429's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Friday, August 28th, 2015 10:47 PM

Microcell has stopped working

I've had no problems out my microcell at all, but last night my internet went out for awhile, & after it came back on, my phone isn't connecting back to the m-cell. All of the lights are green & locked in though. I've tried rebooting the m-cell & my phone, but still no luck. I don't know what else to try.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Ok. If all lights are a solid green and nothing is blinking that indicates connectivity to AT&T. What kind of phone do you have? Depending on what rebooting means for your phone, I would turn it off completely, wait a bit, and then turn it back on. It could be that your phone just needs to re-establish it's connection to the MicroCell and put it back in what's called it's "cellular neighborhood". How well does your phone connect when you are outside of the MicroCell range?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for replying. I have an iPhone 5, and I have tried turning it completely off for a few mins & turning it back on, but it's still not connecting back to the m-cell. And I don't have any signal outside the m-cell connectivity.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hmm, I don't know why this is an acceptable solution if your phone still doesn't connect. Have you tried a hard reset of the MicroCell?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Sorry, I didn't mean to click that it had been resolved. This is the first time I've ever did this. What are the steps of doing a hard reset?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

They are listed in the Tech Guide (see link in my sig). What you want to do is disable the power to the MicroCell. Take a paperclip and press in the button on the back of the MicroCell that says Reset. Keep holding in the reset button while restoring power and keep holding it in for about 30 seconds. Release the button and let the MicroCell got thru the Initial Activation process. Again, see the Tech Guide for what happens during the hard reset process.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

So....after doing a hard reset, the m-cell isn't showing any signal at all now, & I can't get it to pick back up. I've moved it all over the house, but nothing. It's never done this before. Now it's worse....I'm so aggravated.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Usually a hard reset either corrects the problem or there is no change. I've never heard of a hard reset breaking the MicroCell. What is the status of the power, ethernet, gps, and 3G light (the 5 bars)?

How do you have it setup and who is your ISP?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Ok, I got all the lights locked back in & they're all green, but still not connecting to my phone. My ISP is Suddenlink, and I just have to use my one router, don't have to use my old modem. Everything is the same as it's always been, just not connecting to my phone now.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Well, you never replied to my last message, but I figured it out on my own!! So for anyone else that may come across this thread, it was my power cord! Once I used another power cord, everything came back on and it's working great!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I do take breaks from the forum from time to time.

By the power cord do you meant the ac adapter? Please be specific. If you replaced the ac adapter you need to replace it with one of the same power rating or you will eventally have problems again. Your setup is a little confusing in that you say you aren't using your old modem only the router now. I take it you have a gateway which is a router/modem combination instead of a separate router and a separate modem. It's not uncommon for ISP provided equipment to not play nice with the MicroCell because they are usually configured specifically to work with the provider and not necessarily the MicroCell.

Checking the ac adapter is one of the troubleshooting methods we recommend and there is an easy way to check if the ac adapter is failing. All of that is in the Tech Guide (link in my sig).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.