For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Tyler59's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 30th, 2019 3:09 AM

Micro cell not picking up new phone with same number

I just received a new phone recently and kept my original phone number that is listed as the primary user on the microcell. The micro cell does not connect to my new phone, but is connecting to other phones on the user list. What do I need to do so it will identify and link up to my new phone? Thanks 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Tyler59 - Is it an AT&T "branded" phone? IOW, one that AT&T currently sells? What kind of phone? Have you added the number to the Approved Users List and then turned off the phone, waited a few seconds, and then turn the phone back? The phone may just need to "register" the MicroCell as part of its cellular neighborhood. If you are using the same phone number but with a different phone you may need to upgrade the SIM card or try turning off the phone as above.

Keep in mind that the MicroCell has reached its EOL as of the end of 2017. AT&T does not sell them anymore. Service will continue until AT&T begins to transition away from their 3G network, at which time the MicroCell service will be discontinued as well. What AT&T and us recommend now is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the response. Turning the phone off and then back on seems to have registered with my micro cell and it’s now working. I thought I had done that already, so I guess I’ll do it again if the problem comes up again. Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Tyler59 - you're welcome. Quite often a new phone just needs to be turned off and then back on again just one time. Once the phone "knows" the MicroCell is the local "tower" that it is registered to it will always connect, once in range, as long the local celluar tower doesn't increase its output (which is unlikely).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.