For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
billcrup's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, October 29th, 2015 3:23 PM

Is the MicroCell still being sold

I really have two questions. 

1) Is the MicroCell still being sold? 

2) Is the MicroCell any more reliable than WIFI calling? 

WIFI calling has obviously been a bust. I have been told that there are a few known issues, but I can't seem to get any consistency out of it. I am curious if the MicroCell would be a better option for me so that I don't have to worry about my work calls being dropped anymore. I was very close to purchasing one but I was talked out of it because WIFI calling was being released. Do you think I should pursue that as an option again? 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Great. Thank you for that link. I will give that a few tests throughout the day tomorrow to see what the results look like. 

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

I neglected to see that the poster has no Mcell, only WiFi-C.  Still, I don't see any reason why the VOIP test can't be run.  You are testing your internet connection, not the device.  I typically test my line quality using that site while on my computer.  Attempting to run the test via WiFi-C is impossible as the iPhone will use WiFi instead of WiFi-C to run the test.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

I would definitely run the VoIP test. I was just wondering about the ability to use WiFI-C to sort of test the WiFi connection for VoIP. An interesting Saturday afternoon project for you Smiley Wink

If the poster is getting dropped calls and his phone is setup properly for WiFi-C, then it's more than likely his WiFi in which case there is nothing that AT&T, or us, can really do about that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.