For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
heidiokada's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 30th, 2017 2:51 PM

I have 2 Different Micro T-cells in 2 locations... How do I keep both active?

Hi:

We have 2 different locations we travel to and 2 different Micro T-cells. The older ones that look like an upside down Y and is white.  While I keep the main one at our primary home active, I would like to figure out how to keep the secondary one active without ahveing to activate and deactivate each time.  Both locations are in dead zones and I need the tower and depend on them.  

Also, the one at my secondary location is only showing a power light and no matter what I do I cannot get it to even start registering.  Any help is greatly appreciated! 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

7 years ago

@heidiokada - the MicroCells are registered to your account via the serial number of the MicroCell, and location at time of registration/activation. A lot of folks just take their primary MicroCell with them and then just register it at the location by changing the address on the MicroCell. If you have two MicroCell's, the same should be true by registering each to the address to where it is located as long as the primary account holders phone number is used at each location. Typically, just changing the address is sufficient. I'm not sure what happen though if by chance both MicroCell's were being used at the same on two separately registered MicroCell's.

However, you need to keep the MicroCell active. By that I mean it needs to be used at each location. Otherwise, if you don't use very much at location two (summer home for example), you may get a message from AT&T notifying you that that MicroCell will be deactivated for lack of use. I think the  limit of inactivity is at least a year.

As to your other issue, only the Power light on could indicate a failing or failed ac adapter. In that case, there may be not enough power for the board(s), and the MicroCell will look dead. The power light just detects current, not if the current is sufficient. Check the adapter with a voltmeter to see if it reads 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. If not, replacing the adapter with one of the same rating may work. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.