For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Stagetec's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 11:20 PM

FTC-131 error

It has been over a year now that I have been trying to get a microcell to work at a rural address. I am now on my third unit. I have spend over 47 hours on the phone with people and tiers trying to get AT&T to recognise the address.

I am now back at this location and have attempted to (yet again) enter this address - 

guess what?

FTC131: We were not able to locate the address you entered. Please use the address where the AT&T 3G Microcell device will be located, and enter it again. Special characters, such as / or !, cannot be used in the street, city state and or/zip code fields. Rural Route or Post Office Box numbers are also insufficient for address validation. If you need further assistance, please call 800-331-0500. [AFA|AddFemtocellAddress|30002098002]

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

10 years ago

Rural areas are one of the most difficult areas to get activated because your physical address that is on file for E911 may not match your GPS coordinates. If you have a P.O. box or route number as an address it's very difficult to match that to a GPS coordinate. If you have a regular house number/street address there could be a mis-match in the locational database.

Do you have GPS lock (solid green light)?

What kind of intenet service do you have?

I would send a pm to CustomerCare (link in my sig) detailing your issue, setup, account information, the best way for them to contact you, and your location.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Yes, have a nice green light. Service is from the same as my neihgbor acroos the river. His works just fine. 

I called the 0500 number and explained that I would be coming to this location. Gave them the exact GPS coordinates. You can see the house on Google Earth

Was assured by the lady on the phone that the address has been put in the "system" and all I had to do was, plug it in and enter the address as a new location.

Now what?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

10 years ago

The locational database is basically an IT issue so it may take time for them to update. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as it sounds or should be. I would still follow-up with your info to CustomerCare.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

All fixed. Five bars

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Glad to hear that your Mcell is back up and running.

Out of curiousity, did you contact CustomerCare about your problem or was it resolved by your initial contact at the 0500 number?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Yes it went over to tier 2 and soon was fixed.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

10 years ago

Great!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.