Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jennmin's profile

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

Wednesday, September 28th, 2016 5:48 PM

Waiting on BOGO Credit From December

AT&T, I am angry & frustrated. In December, I signed up for service on 4 new lines and qualified for a holiday BOGO phone promotion on 1 of my phones on my Next Plan. It is now September, and I am paying installment 10 of 24 for this phone ($24.38/month). Since April, I have exhausted ever single line of customer service communication available. I have called customer service, chatted with online via your website at least twice a month, and even contacted the Social Media Team. Each of these methods of communication require at least an hour of my time and I have gotten nowhere. Everyone agrees that I should be getting the credits, but each month a bill is issued and I never receive the credit.  I was also promised on 5 occasions that managers and people from joint billing would call me back to resolve this issue. I'm still waiting for those calls. I am not asking for anything that wasn't in my original promotion. 

Unfortunately my next step is going to be to cancel my service. I just want this resolved. 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 years ago

I've sent another message to the Wizards.  Won't get a response till tomorrow of course.  I'm sorry they haven't kept in touch or provided a resolution.  

Embarrassing.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 I received an email from Amber. Fingers crossed this gets worked on next week. Will keep you updated.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 years ago

Progress...  I understand it was fouled up from the start and they are setting it up manually for you. 

Yes, fingers crossed.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

8 years ago

Update...

Lisa from the ICE? ICD? dept left me a voicemail. She stated she completed her investigation and I did qualify for the BOGO promotion and they are forwarding my information and case to the marketing team. She says the reason for the delay was that I was on the wrong installment plan. While I was paying for 24 terms, I was really in the Next30 plan.  (I'm not completely sure how that happened or works.)

Nonetheless, she says it will take 1-2 billing cycles for me to receive the credits, which is what I have been hearing since April. I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully on my year anniversary in December I will finally receive the credits.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 years ago

@jennmin. Well, it's a step in the right direction.  I was hoping for a magic wand fix, but at least there is results and FINALLY communication.  

Thanks for the update.  

It is as I thought.  Next 24 was the plan you should be on and has 30 payments total.  24 minimum required to upgrade with trade in.    Somehow they put you on Next 18 with 24 payments.   Yes, a eyeroll is appropriate.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

I am in exactly the same situation.  I've been waiting since February.  I get frequent messages "Your Urgent Case is still being investigated..."  I call the escalaton team once a month and also get a prompt and curtious call back, with no progress however.  they say everything was submitted properly and waiting for the marketing team to review.  Extremeley disappointing customer service.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 years ago

@herbcohen. BOGO in February started 2/12 and ended 3/31.  It was very fussy.  Required matching eligible phones.  iPhones 6s or 6s plus and Samsung added in March.  

Required Next 24(30 payments) on the new line with fee phone 

http://about.att.com/story/expands_2_for_1_deal_on_most_popular_smartphones.html

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

8 years ago

Update... I received billing statement #1 after this was supposedly resolved and the credit was not applied. Since they promised it would take 1-2 I'll keep holding my breath until next month's.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

8 years ago

@jennmin.  The other person who posted at the same time has already got the first credit.   Keep in touch.  

One by one these need to be resolved.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

8 years ago

Update...It is a miracle, my account has been credited for the installments on the phone. One remaining question, my credits are for $19.84, however, my monthly installment is $24.38. Can someone explain the difference?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.