Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
kschick's profile

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 8th, 2024 6:00 PM

Two Customer Service Agents Lied to Me

Two customer service agents lied to me about the international day pass working in a country my husband was visiting. They said he was covered. He wasn't. We now have an insane bill and although a third agent confirmed I was "misinformed" by two previous agents, they're refusing to reduce the bill. Any thoughts on where to go when I keep getting punted from one person to another, and no one can do anything?

Once this is settled I'm thinking of switching providers. I've had enough of their lies and (Edited per community guidelines). 

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

11 days ago

There is no proof he was misinformed. Did you or him even due your own research to see what countries are covered? There would have also been notifications sent advising you of the international charges. Were they ignored? 

4 Messages

11 days ago

So the customer service agent confirmed that when I listed the countries another agent said they were covered and he was good to go. One was covered last year when he went and not this year. He did receive a notification, but it was while he was still in a covered country, which is why I contacted customer service about the alert. I gave 2 CS agents the list of places he was visiting. Neither said one was not covered. One even "reset" the day pass because they said it should have been working and he should not have gotten the alerts. Both confirmed he was good with the day pass for his itinerary. A third agent confirmed I was misinformed, but also told me one country he visited was not covered, when it in fact was. (that was after he had returned) He continued to get the notifications even when he had returned to the US for two weeks. Overall, lots of bad info from CS agents who do not seem to have the correct information to provide to customers. Had I been told when asked he was not covered, or that there was a chance a country previously covered no longer was, he would have amended his cell usage. But we were told he was covered by the day pass. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

11 days ago

What country(s) are we talking about?

4 Messages

11 days ago

He travelled to Guam, The Northern Marianas, and Palau. All were covered last year. They apparently dropped Palau, but he started getting notifications about usage while covered by the day pass in the Marianas. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

11 days ago

You can file a BBB complaint, which will get you escalated to the Office of the President. They have more power to make adjustments even if the billing is "technically correct."

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

11 days ago

4 Messages

11 days ago

It was literally while he was in an airplane traveling to the location. So, not sure how much closer to travel it could have been. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.