For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
DANIEL818's profile

3 Messages

Friday, September 8th, 2023 4:50 PM

The Scam just continues... anyone else having problems with their "trade in credits" SCAM!!! do not switch to ATT stay with your line

so quick background, i turned in 3 samsung note 10 + back in may.... after a few months, i only received credit on one of the lines.

i called att and they had advised me that they only received 1 phone and could not track the other 2..

luckily(or so i thought), i have the tracking labels and i have email confirmations from att confirming they received my phone..

so i call..... now all of a sudden.... even though i have tracking information they say they have no idea what has happened

to the phones and cannot locate them.... although this should not be my problem since we have confirmation of them receiving it .... it now is.......

what ever.... finally after about 3 weeks of calling and having no idea how to explain provide more proof that they have it other than the email confirmations.. which conveniently they cannot receive they said they found them.. phew.. problems solved....

or so i thought again.... their new excuse is that these 2 lines the phones were not received within the trade in promotion 45 day turn in deadline (again, i show they where delivered in 28 days).....

after again fighting for 2 days explaining this... they now say when we signed up the employee did not click promotion on these 2 lines so they did not qualify... again.. how is it my fault they did not do their job right?

so fought with them another week and finally got confirmation that they will give me credit for one more line...

they sent me a text confirmation saying if i did not get the credit by 9/1 call them..

which at this point i was willing to disregard the last line since i have been fighting with them since june..

now its 9/8 and no credit has been applied.

i called and now they want me to start all over and again we are at the.... promotion time was not done in time.

i have a text confirming the promotion will be applied!!!!! however they have no record and i cannot send it to them,

so now either i fight another 5 months for my credit or i let it die off.

just be warned people when trading in your phone ..

credit might not and probably will not be applied.

its like they do it deliberate to annoy you and get you to give up.

SCAM SCAM SCAM

#scam #tradein #lostphone

i do not suggest you switch if you are trying to save a few bucks.

you will not get them and will be more frustrated.

stick to your original carriers!!!!

Accepted Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

8 months ago

File a bbb complaint 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Thank you, I filed a complaint through the BBB and got a call back from ATT.. looks like they are going to honor the original promotion for all 3 phones.

told me to wait 2-3 billing cycles to see the credit applied.... fingers crossed!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 months ago

It is our advice that you do your purchase in a store where you can also do your trade-in and make sure you get a receipt as proof

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.