For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Horneyc's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 24th, 2016 10:21 PM

Closed

Switcher program issues!

We switched from Verizon to AT&T in February. After waiting and waiting for our rebate we got a letter saying we failed to turn in our old phones so we don't qualify. We have the paper work that shows we did. We went down to the local AT&T store and talked with someone. They copied our paperwork and promised to call us back by today. Well, guess what, no phone call. Try calling the store and it goes straight to voicemail. Try calling the rebate phone number and you get a message saying " we are experiencing a higher than normal call volumn" and they hang up! I'm so mad! I'm ready to drop them and I don't care what it costs! I'll post it where ever I can! AT&T scams people!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I have submitted twice and have received two denials. I have followed the specific instrcutions word for word in my submission. Just wonerding if anyone else is having this issue. I dont want to go down the road of filing a claim with the FCC and/or FTC, just want resolution on my $1,000 out of pocket that the AT&T rep swore I would receive. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Better start filling out your FTC paperwork out now because you will get
nowhere with AT&T. I just finished filling my complaint with the FTC
(federal trade commission) since I got no where with AT&T and gave up in
phone calls because being transferred to one number then another then
another got me nowhere. It's been since July that I submitted my paperwork
and I got denied in late October and nobody could help. It's sad that such
a large company treats customers this way. It's been very frustrating and
very very disappointing. I think if more people filed complaints more
resolutions would be seen. Good luck.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

@phoneprobs2016

@Jonathan777

Why were you denied?   No record of trade in phone?  No record you bought new phones?  

The denial comes with a reason why.  If the records of trade in and purchase didn't get to Young America, then that's a fixable problem.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Yes it is, I spent 2 hours on the phone with disconnect dept and was able
to get 100$ bill credit. They kept putting blame on Young america. I
advised they do care they have no stake whether or not you stay. Remember
we few are just a small number or lets say nothing to ATT. Remember
Customer (got) serviced. We need to take these big companies down now. or
the US will not be a happy place to live.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Absolutely right a total scam after getting switched from person to person and told there is nothing we can do or that isn't my department or the best one we don't talk to them they have to send us the information so we can resolve this well I submitted in august to be notified in DECEMBER we can't find your phones sorry your not getting your money. This program is a scam a young America is useless I can't wait for my contract to end. A communication company that doesn't communicate among each other to help their customers what a surprise. I wouldn't recommend this service to anybody

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Att switcher is a scam. They farm out repayment to a company not connected to att called young America whose job is to deny payment. I had a corporate att store do all the paperwork and still got denied twice for absurd reasons. I plan to contact Florida state attorney generals office.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I appreciate the additional information with regards to Young America as the third party for AT&T.
I will keep you posted with my third submission coming up via the corporate AT&T store in Southern California.
Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Davykabuky wrote:
Att switcher is a scam. They farm out repayment to a company not connected to att called young America whose job is to deny payment. I had a corporate att store do all the paperwork and still got denied twice for absurd reasons. I plan to contact Florida state attorney generals office.

I'd say with most of the people who post here with problems and answer the questions that get asked we are able to determine what went wrong in the process. Many times they'll pass the blame to the sales people, but that's not Young America.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Yep having similar issues

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Ok, after several phi\one calls appears there might be a solution to getting your promised Visa card for switching ie the Switcher program. I was finally able to obtain the phone number for the rewards division that manages the the Switcher program. A few items to consider. Make sure you have the final bill submitted along with the corresponding phone numbers that you were charged to leave early from your previuos carrier.

Call (866) 852-8617. I would highly recommend to do e mails or something productive because you will be on hold for all long time prior to a rep answering. Explain to them your situation and hopefully your issue will be resolved.

Jonathan

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.