For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
J

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, June 4th, 2020 2:19 AM

Still getting bills on cancelled account

Cancelled phone in writing and over phone with customer service and still getting bills

Email [email scrubbed]

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

your customer service is horrible as this has been done several times and still getting bills.

• 

6 Messages

can’t use account number or phone number as service cancelled but bills keep coming

• 

6 Messages

need a manager to speak to

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

4 years ago

There are three ways to cancel service:

1) Port the number to a new provider (if you want to keep the phone number)

2) Speak to a representative and tell them to cancel your account (if you don't want to keep the phone number)

3) Stop paying the bill for a long enough time that AT&T cancels your account and sends you to collection (not ideal, to say the least)

I'm a guessing "over the phone" means you did procedure #2? When was that? Service ends at the end of a billing cycle, so getting a two bill after the date you called isn't unusual. What are the dates on the bills you've received?

• 

6 Messages

I did on the phone and spoke to rep. I did write letters

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

Canceling by mail was not and is not a way to cancel.
Are you being mailed a final bill? Did you pay your last bill?
I would assume that you are still receiving a bill because you did not pay your final bill. Final bill are not prorated.
This is a customer populated Forum not how you reach AT&T customer service.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

it is weird

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.