For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jjwow1234's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, August 8th, 2014 8:00 PM

Payment Arrangment

I can't believe how rude AT&T can be.

I chatted with AT&T twice not because rude or calling names.  I was telling them I don't understand why I can't make payments arrangements on my account.  I was disconnect twice on by "Manager"

It was pay the whole thing or nothing.

"*********: no the most I can do is $40 today
*************: and the 100 on the 21st
MST - Irene Celerio: I understand. I will close this chat at this time. Thank you for chatting with us today and
please contact us again when you are able to pay your balance and reinstate your service.
Your AT&T representative has closed the chat session."

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

I'm not sure of what was said in the part of the chat that you didn't post but if the rep had already stated that you had to pay the full balance in order for service to be reinstated, there was no reason to repeat it.  The rep ended the chat in a polite but to the point manner.  It wasn't rude.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

It doesn't give a right for them to disconnect the conversation with me

I wasn't being rude just trying to understand

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

And additional

Whether your nice or mean about it, hanging up on someone is rude.

This how I took it.  This is what it is and that's too bad if you don't understand I am hanging up because I was wasting her time and she wasn't going to spend any more time on it.

AT&T can disagree with me and agree your representative was in the right to disconnect a conversation on a customer because they were done explaning it

But to me that bad customer service

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

I agree it is rude. Then again, I've talked to people who've said the equivalent of I'm-going-to-sit-here-and-prevent-you-from-helping-someone-else-until-I-get-what-I-want, even when the answer is a clear cut, no. I don't know if there was any alternative to whatever disconnect.

As far why you're not able to do payment arrangments, I suspect financial history.

Failure to keep prior arrangments or having multiple payments reversed would make AT&T leery to offer you any sort of time.

-Alex

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

There really no reason why to hang up on a customer. 

AT&T was no help.  AT&T was rude.  AT&T is trying to justify bad behavior.

Here a hint in the future:

If a customer is not understanding your policy maybe find out what more specific what the customer do not understand.  Then just saying oh well too bad for you.

Your "manager" kept repeating the same thing over and over again.

I don't think I would be on here if AT&T managers were not rude.  I refuse to sit quietly and let AT&T treat me rude when I give them money each month.  If they do not want my business then let me out of a contract.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@jjwow1234 wrote:

There really no reason why to hang up on a customer. 

AT&T was no help.  AT&T was rude.  AT&T is trying to justify bad behavior.

Here a hint in the future:

If a customer is not understanding your policy maybe find out what more specific what the customer do not understand.  Then just saying oh well too bad for you.

Your "manager" kept repeating the same thing over and over again.

I don't think I would be on here if AT&T managers were not rude.  I refuse to sit quietly and let AT&T treat me rude when I give them money each month.  If they do not want my business then let me out of a contract.

Like someone else said, I can't judge whether or not the behavior was rude because only the last few sentences were posted. 

However, there was no reason the rep should have had to repeat herself more than once. If your service is interrupted for non-payment, the full balance must be paid for service to be restored. That is AT&T's policy. 

What exactly do you not "understand"?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Dealing with AT&T is the worst customer service I ever had.

I wish I just stay with my previous provider because they never behave like AT&T representative.

I also have more example of bad customer service I had with AT&T not even about this issue.

It not worth getting honestly.  I get numerous of drop calls and promise they looking in to it, then saying they don't know what wrong with it.  That was the reason I changed provider because I though it was better reception.

I don't even care anymore.  There is no solution to this porblem because AT&T don't care about it customer.  My best advise is to avoid AT&T.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I would recommend the BBB.org to help with your customer service issues. If AT&T will not help they will. Especially when they are not treating their customer's properly. It is the best resolution. 🙂

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

10 years ago

Att usually is cool with making payment arrangements,except once service is off payment has to be in full.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.