For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
sciencegal's profile

2 Messages

Thursday, December 21st, 2023 1:23 PM

Moving phone number from Business account to a Personal account

Why is this so hard for ATT? 

Called ATT yesterday to move billing of my phone from a business account to personal account due to upcoming job change. As a physician, I was cautious doing this- because having the process not go smoothly might make me unreachable by patients/other physicians. I was assured this process would go easily and smoothly. The process took 2 hours. Then I lost cellular phone access. Went to ATT store to fix issue, spent another two hours there and they basically said: "There is nothing we can do for you, it would probably be faster for you to go to another carrier-- NOT ATT-- to do this" [ATT in Evanston, Illinois] 

Spent another two hours trying to fix the problem-- with someone working from a call center that appeared to be doubling as night-club. It was challenging to listen to them over the Corona "Rhythm of the Night" music blaring in the background. 

THIS is unbridled capitalism... Pervasive incompetence and call centers in night clubs. Hard to know what to do other than expect to give over two days of your life to change billing of a phone line. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

4 months ago

Transfer of billing responsibility should not be a problem at all. The business has to release the phone number. And within two weeks you have to accept billing responsibility and open and individual personal account with AT&T.

Cannot account for why it was botched in your case.

FYI it is not possible to port a phone number out that you don't own. So that nonsense suggestion by the store was not going to be possible.  In order to port a phone number to a different service provider you would first have to accept billing responsibility to your personal account, and only then do you own it and then could port it out

2 Messages

4 months ago

Went through the unlocking process from ATT and opened an individual personal account. Everything seemed in order. Until it wasn't. Really don't understand. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

4 months ago

Okay there's missing information in your second post.... You had two weeks to accept the billing responsibility from the business account.  Did that happen?  Or did the business account call and cancel service on your phone line which they should not have done.  

Community Support

• 

231.7K Messages

4 months ago

Hi @sciencegal,
We want to help. Let’s meet in a Direct Message on this. Please check your Direct Message Inbox (it’s the chat icon next to the bell icon in the upper right corner of the forums).

Charlene
AT&T Business Social Media

1 Message

19 days ago

Major issues with trying to transfer a corporate ATT phone number to a personal ATT account.  Phone has been paid off and number released but still can't be done.  One ATT store says they just need to change the SIM but can't be done at a retail store has to be done at a corporate store.  Corporate store says they can't do anything with it.  How do we find someone who knows how to get this accomplished?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.