Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
tkspil's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, January 12th, 2011 4:17 AM

Minutes

Where on my bill will it show how many minutes are charged against my plan as opposed to a total.  I tried calling CS but he couldn't tell me.  I'm just trying to decide whether we need to cut down on minutes.  Shouldn't be that hard but I've spent hours sitting here trying to find it out.  Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

13 years ago

If you look at your bill on your online account, it shows each call and how many minutes for that call.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

I'm looking for a total of those different kinds of calls so I can see a total of calls that are not M2M or 'free'.  Minutes that are charged against my minutes.

Guru

• 

637 Messages

13 years ago

Your bill will have a section labeled "Usage Charge Details."

Also, on the main "Account Overview" page of your myWireless account, there's a section called "My Usage Summary."

Both of these places list all forms of usage by type (Night & Weekend Minutes, Anytime Minutes, Data, etc.)

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you.  Can I assume the 'anytime minutes' total is the one that is deducted from my plan minutes? 

Guru

• 

637 Messages

13 years ago

Right.  Anytime minutes are the minutes you use when you're not using special (night & weekend, mobile to moble, A-list if your plan has it) minutes.  They're the regular plan minutes.

I just looked at my bill, though, and the anytime minutes show as rollover minutes.  Presumably this is because they're the minutes that are eligible to roll over, or it could be an error due to a recent plan change.  They're listed correctly as anytime minutes on my myWireless account, though.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

It looks like that lovely little chart under  Group Usage Summary is not available for past usage?  I tried the Create Report but it only shows all minutes together. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

13 years ago

And do the rollover minutes get used after I max out the anytime minutes?   Thanks again.

Guru

• 

637 Messages

13 years ago

Yes, you use Night & Weekend minutes first if the call is during the N&W time, then anytime minutes if it's outside the N&W time or you're out of N&W minutes, and rollover minutes last.

This information is pretty much coming from what I can see on my own account.  I have a single line, so there may be some differences.  When I go to "Analyze past usage," no, I don't see a breakdown by type of minutes, only by calling area/long distance/roaming.  However, I can see the total minutes used using the "Minutes by call type" chart.  There's also a "Breakdown of Rollover" chart that might give the information you need.  It shows total, expired, and new rollover minutes.  Any unused package minutes added to rollover balance are minutes that weren't used out of your plan.

You can also see past bills.  The bills don't give a pretty chart, and you have to look at one at a time, but the information's there.  Go to "Bill & Payments," then to "View Bill History."

Guru

• 

641 Messages

13 years ago

call customer service back and have them look at the rollover minute history. all they have to do is subtract the amount of your price plan minutes to the amount of rollover minutes you accumulated for that month and that will give you the exact total of how many minutes you used that month. if you get a rep that does not know how to look it up for you, ask for a supervisor. its quite simple actually 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.