For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Colorful's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 23rd, 2018 3:54 PM

International Charges

I am a long time customer of ATT I feel lost. I was charged international charges. That are not showing up yet but I received a text advising of the charges. I was upset because I called previously to obtain a packet. I was not given any options. I was just told my daughter’s phone would be covered in India. Then why the charges? When I called to spoke to Pablo the representative. Who advised me to call collections. If it’s not appearing on my bill. I am just disappointed I have had nothing but great customer service. Until now three bad calls. I am just looking for a manager or a supervisor to speak to. Or some senior rep. #Insane! 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

If you have not yet been billed for the charges, you can probably still add an international plan to cover the charges. You can add an international plan yourself online, no need to call. Regardless, this is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. If you need to talk to customer support, you need to call or chat.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

You can add online yourself, but might need a rep to back date charges.  Do not fall for the “wait till it’s billed” nonsense.  The passport or day pass must be applied in the same bill cycle 

For future reference.  ATT provides service in the USA and it’s territories.  Some plans offer free roaming on other networks in Mexico or Canada.  Anywhere else in the world you are roaming on another network and will incur very high charges.   Roaming plans, Wifi calling and just keeping a phone in airplane mode will control cost.  

https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans.html

https://forums.att.com/t5/Community-Blog/International-Travel-amp-Wireless-Service-Top-10-Things-to-Know/ba-p/5473479

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.