Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
L

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 27th, 2021 12:35 AM

Getting billed in the mail to my name and home address but not my Account or Phone

I called AT&T customer service who transferred my call to the Fraud department.  The Fraud department said that while the Account is in my name and my home address, the social security on the account is different.  They said therefore, this does not constitute fraud.  However, it is extremely concerning that I'm receiving a bill for $200 a month in my name and address and it appears AT&T won't rectify that.  How can I get my name and address disassociated with this phone/ account that is not mine?

Thank you.

LG

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

3 years ago

I guess you get to file a police report.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

3 years ago

That is strange. If it's not under your SSN, it's not really your account. I guess you can just do a return to sender on your bill. If it's not paid, then the account will be canceled. That should solve the problem.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

3 years ago

That is strange. If it's not under your SSN, it's not really your account.

I wouldn't count on that.  Someone might "fix" the SSN at any point if it has other features that identify you (name, address, etc.).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.