For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Cmd0012's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 3rd, 2015 11:18 PM

"Free" tablet

AT&T,
I'd like to know why I was told that when I upgraded my phone I would recieve a free tablet with no stipulations. This turned out to be a complete lie. I was not told about the fees that came with it. Once I noticed the charges on my bill I called and was told that after the 14 day period I could not return it. Obviously I didn't get my bill within 14 days so I didn't notice the charges. I would think this'll have been a misunderstanding between myself and the store clerk had I not read other complaints from customers with the same issue. I completely feel scammed by the company that I have been a customer of for over 7 years. All for a tablet that I haven't even used once. I hope this at least sheds light on an issue of misinforming customers or withholding information.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

I realize the clerks have on occasion, lied out right about the terms.   

I wish you had read the paperwork which explained the activation fee and $10 line access fee, then they wouldn't have gotten away with it.

please send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare and ask for help.

I should warn you, if this was a retail store (Authorized retailer) and not an ATT corporate store, ATT can't do anything to help you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

They also don't tell you that the tablet is refurbished and may not charge. I was in our local ATT store and they said "free tablet" not crappy refurbished tablet" causing the same problems the original owner had. Mine won't charge unless I get lucky and position it just right and even then it will stop charging most times. I've been with ATT a very long time...I'm thinking too long.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

The tablet does have warranty coverage, use it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My grandson and myself were told the same thing. And it wasn't the monthly fee so much as the fact that you can't cancel for two years!! When he tried to cancel after a year because he wasn't using it there was a $94 cancellation fee which is way more than the tablet is worth to begin with. There should be some kind of value factored into the cancellation fee. I personally believe anything they tell you in one of their retail stores is a lie. They give you half truths - instead of telling you the true cost they start netting numbers and when you try to get details they seem to have no idea. I have learned to talk to them then go home and research before purchasing. Generally web research gives the best results since I can call three or four times and get different answers each time. That was particularly true when it came to international services - no one seemed to have a clue although they would pretend like they did.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This happened to me as well. What's worse, I never asked about the tablet, I told him when he handed it to me that I already had a tablet and didn't want it, and he reiterated to me several times that it was completely free. As I was in the store another gentleman came in and had a fit saying "you said this was free it isn't free, take it back". When I asked him what he meant the clerk said "no the person who helped him must have put something in wrong." this same clerk also gave me another line I didn't ask for, and talked me into canceling my unlimited data plan, under the guise that it would be cheaper, my new bill is 70 dollars more. I of course did not get my bill until after the 14 day thing was over as well, and his exact words to me when signing were, "remember your first bill will be more due to sign up charges and what not, so wait to see what your real bill after that before you call". He was covering his behind because he knew he was doing me wrong.
When I called to get this fixed they just kept saying "I understand..." But would not change anything. I have been with them 6 years!!!! Never before was I treated so bad. I went up two supervisors and when I asked for the third, she said they had to call me back.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.