For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
NavyWife214's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, August 30th, 2015 2:19 AM

Does AT&T support the military??? NOT FROM THE LOOKS OF MY $1000 PHONE BILL

My husband is away on a Navy Ship doing humanitarian work for the hospitals of South America. After speaking with a AT&T rep about a $100 charge to my mobile bill. That's about roughly $250, she explained to me that speaking with my husband while he was in South America could make the bill higher. At this point he had already been gone for 3 months and this plan was to remain on the phone for the remaining 3 of his mission. She suggested an international plan that would make our bill cheaper in the long run. First month bill came out to over $800, I called and got this adjusted to $487. Now THIS MONTH now month 2 of this change my bill is over $1000!!! After countless calls I was able to adjust this to $683, but this is ridiculous. And mind you that I get 25% off my bill!!! There should be a military pricing for those whose spouses are deployed. So much goes on where we need to speak with our spouses and the fact I haven't even touched his face in the past 5 going on 6 months AT&T is only causing mire stress to me and my deployed sailor who know has to pay this high bill. AT&T does nothing but continue to charge and upcharget for services that I have been paying them for for the last 10 years!!! If this doesn't get resolved to a decent amount I am going to gladly switch to Verizon and take all three numbers with me and boycott AT&T to ALL MILITARY FAMILIES.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@BMC1923 First off, you are replying to a 2 year old thread. Second, I was not Navy but I am retired military. There are ways to validate military deployment orders for the purpose of cancelling service without violating OPSEC. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes I am replying to a 2yr old thread because I have been having issues with AT&T not honoring my military suspension of my phone. Googled it and this thread popped up. What AT&T told me flat out was to fax or email my orders to a "special branch" of AT&T that deals with that. Interested in this "special branch" I asked where to send them and they gave me a ".com" email address. Now you being former military do you send orders to a random .com??? Apparently AT&T sees no problem with that...do you?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

If the name is in the DOD database, it can be verified that way.  

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045509

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@BMC1923 You have a valid point and I'll admit not a problem I ever dealt with as my first cell phone came post retirement. Can you not redact sufficient information on those orders to not violate OPSEC yet still verify your deployment? If you don't think that is possible, contact @ATTCares via private message. Perhaps they can offer an alternative. The forum messaging system is secure, perhaps you could validate your deployment orders through them.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the info and I will need to read deeper into it. The DOD Database (from what I know) will only prove I am in the military and what branch. They already know I am military having sent in a copy of my LES for a discount.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

At this point I can black out my social security number and send in a copy of my orders as the mission has been completed. I will follow up with AT&T tomorrow for the 7th time and see what the problem is. My concern doesn't lie with me at this point it lies with service members being told information that can get them and others in serious trouble or even worse killed. I will be bring up this issue though and have it further investigated because if people are doing this it is 100% wrong and dangerous.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Bull I was told to turn off his line while he was overseas to save money and that’s a lie. It went up because they cut my lines from 3 to 2 so prices went up. Not fair. You all suggested this with his deployment and then raise my bill up 20 more than if I just left him on the plan. Why give this option of it d9es noth8ng but raise my price. This is not a way to thank your military service members. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Dparton Please provide actual details. There should be no reason for your plan price to increase if you dropped from 3 lines to 2. If anything, the monthly charges should go down, not up. There has to be some other reason. No one here can see what plan you have or your charges. We only know what you share.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.