For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
P

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 4:26 PM

Disputing Wireless Charges from switching providers

I switched wireless providers and canceled on March 18th and my bill cycle started on the 17th of March and they still charged me the full amount of $302.25, but since I still have tv with them they keep suspending my tv service even when I have been paying for the tv bill. I spoke with a supervisor today, but it looks like the dispute I made a month ago was denied? Can I make another dispute online?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Final bills are not prorated even 1 day into the cycle you pay the entire month. It’s in the terms of service you agreed to

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

3 years ago

To answer the specific question, no you cannot file a dispute online. You can mail a dispute to the address listed on your bill or file a complaint with the BBB. 

As noted, the charges are legitimate, so you should pay them in full to prevent further suspension of service. If you file a BBB complaint, someone from corporate will contact you. That person will have the authority to issue a large credit if they choose to. If you ask nicely, they might be willing to do so, especially since you still have TV service. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

3 years ago

It's a near universal policy, that your current carrier likely also follows. 

The only carrier that prorates is Google fi.

It was up to you to Port out before a new bill cycle.

The advice is port out a couple days early to make sure you don't get into a new bill cycle if it's delayed. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.