For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
susanp1234's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 17th, 2014 2:53 PM

Dishonest

Very disappointed with AT&T we have been a customer for some years now. We transferred to the new family plan 140.00 unlimited phone/text 10GB so we can get my daughter a phone. When I changed the plan with customer service I mentioned we were going to get a new phone and upgrade for me Target had a sale for the Iphone 5S for $119.00. Well apparently we were NEVER told by AT&T nor Target that we must purchase the phones directly from AT&T to avoid paying a higher price for our plan. We get text alerts for everything why wouldn't we get one when there is a change to our plan. So now instead of paying $160.00 incl. tax we are playing $195.00 incl. tax. Just not right. Needless to say I'm now checking out transferring our contract to TMobile because AT&T will not honor our original plan.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@susanp1234 - Eep! That doesn't sound good! Let's try to alleviate your concerns. You've made the right choice in selecting AT&T, as they provide much more coverage and is more reliable. Now let's look into this before considering canceling. So you said you've selected the 10GB mobile share plan for $100/monthly. You also mentioned that you got 2 new phones. How did you get those phones, under a 2 year agreement or under a AT&T Next plan. By the looks of the pricing, it seems you may have gotten them under contract, which would mean each line would $40 instead of $15. Please give details so we all can better assist. 🙂

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I called AT&T to change our plan to the new family plan 145.00 unlimited text/phone and 10GB shared.  When I called I told the customer service rep I was going to purchase a new line for my daughter at Target for 119.00 and since I was due for an upgrade possibly upgrade my phone at Target as well she didnt say anything that we had to purchase on the NEXT.  My husband went to target and purchased the phone in the begining of May Target also did not mention our existing price for our plan would change.  A month later I decided to upgrade my phone and since Target still had the 119.00 sale I went in to Target and upgraded my phone.  I went in told them I was due for an upgrade told them I wanted Iphone 5S and they pulled up my account to confirm I was due for and upgrade and that was it.  We even paid an activation fee for each phone 36.00 at target.  Yes, now im paying 40.00 for each line vs 25.00.  We were grandfathered into the old family plan 700 shared mins unlimited text and unlimited data.  The only reason we changed was because my daughter is going into middle school and would need a phone.  It was a plan that would work for us but now we are not going to beable to afford 195.00 every month for 2 years.  All  Im asking is for my plan back.  I have already looked into going to Tmobile even though I know I will have to pay 1/2 for 3 new phones Im willing to give them my business then work with a company that wont help me since we have been with AT&T for years. 

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@susanp1234 - I'm so sorry to hear that! Let's see if you can correct this. How long ago did you upgrade? Has it been more than 14 days? If it hasn't, you can totally return the phone and use the old one until you go to a corporate store and get the same iPhone under AT&T Next. Target is an authorized dealer so that May or may not have that option available, but it definitely does not hurt to ask them. What occurred on that day was that you got the two phones under contract. So this means instead of $145 for your three lines/$130 for 2 lines etc, you would be paying $195 because the two phones under contract would have a $40 access fee as opposed to $15 under Next. If you return the phones, you can definitely ask for your plan back - but I cannot guarantee as I'm not an employee that they will able to do it. The representatives do go above and beyond if everything is explained in a calm manner as they do understand these things do happen sometimes.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@susanp1234 - Additionally, you can also send a PM (private message) to ATTCustomerCare on this forum. You can do this by clicking on your avatar at the top of the forum and selecting messages, then Compose new message.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.