For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
N

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 25th, 2020 2:35 AM

Deceived and lied to

On Jan 2nd my husband contacted customer loyalty to see if we could get any good deal to upgrade a couple of our phones. He spoke with Phil who said we could get the iPhone 11 for $13.34/mo. This was $10 less per month than listed on the website. Instead of paying $699 for the phone we would only have to pay $399. Seemed like an exceptional offer so we agreed to upgrade two lines. Upon looking at our plan, Phil then informed us that if we switched to the Unlimited plan from the Mobile Share Advantage 50G plan we were on that it would save us money. He computed all the charges and assured us that by switching to the Unlimited plan plus the two phone installment charges of $13.34 each our monthly bill would be $244.77 whereas without the phone payments we had already been paying $237.08 for 50G. It seemed too good to be true so we asked and asked if he was sure several times and he adamantly assured us - $244.77/mo! He said our first bill would be $30 higher is all because it would include one $30 upgrade/activation fee whereas one was waived. Sounded great!

We received the phones and noticed the slip inside indicated our monthly price as $23.34/mo instead of the $13.34/mo Phil quoted and assured us of. He mentioned we may see something say it would be higher but assured us by billing time it wouldn’t be so I didn’t stress too much quite yet.

A few days later the first bill pops up and it is $417.40. (Edited per community guidelines)?!?! My husband called and talked with Jessie C. She was very helpful. She did say we charged proration charges that we shouldn’t have had and also agreed to correct the extra $20 for the two phone payments. She didn’t get us all the way down to $274.77 that Phil said but did say we’d be credited $113.35 within 24-48 hours and the rest would come off later. That was on Jan 12th so our bill should have been decreased by the 14th.

Today, Jan 24th, my husband finally called to try to get the bill fixed as our payment due date is approaching and we don’t want to have to pay more than we owe. The man he spoke with, Arthur, said the credits Jessie had submitted to our bill were denied. Nobody had communicated to us that they were denied. We had Jessie send us an email so we could have in writing the credits we were due. Arthur wasn’t very helpful. He said he would submit the credits. (Not sure how that will help if they just deny it!)

I later chatted with a Jason B. He understood my issue and said he would have his supervisor call me and have a 3 way conversation with me and the retainment team to get everything resolved today. That was 3 hours ago and nobody has called. (Don’t tell me you don’t know my phone number!)

I feel tricked and lied to and just sent in circles.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

Are you signed up for auto pay and paperless billing? The new plan has a $10 per line discount.

For the rest, file a BBB complaint online. Pay your full bill or at&t will suspend service. you can make late arrangements to delay without suspension. That must be done in your online account.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.