For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
J

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 11:22 PM

COVID Hospital Visit Service Suspended

I was very sick in late August 2021, already on FMLA due to a separate illness, and could not pay my bill. Because I was sick for over a month, my service was suspended before I could contact AT&T. I have an autoimmune disease which is why it took me so long to get better. Once I called and explained, I was told California was the only state AT&T was providing relief and I had to pay the full balance. Since the suspension, I’ve been charged my normal service rate, and am willing to pay in installments but cannot get assistance. I’ve been a client for over 10 years, and this is my first emergency since I became a client. I’m not happy. Is there nothing you can do? I’m willing to pay, so long as the balance shown is what I pay off in equal monthly installments. Plus, Cali wasn’t the only state seeing spikes when I became ill. Any advice or willingness to assist would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

There’s no assistance in California either. Your billing does not stop if suspended it stops if you cancel. Sorry but the only way to restore service is to pay the balance in full including any late fees restore fees to a zero balance. All carriers are the same way. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

This is a customer populated forum, not customer support. ATT may be willing to work with you on a payment plan but you need to contact them directly. No one here can do that, including the ATTHelp team. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.