Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
pgeraghty's profile

10 Messages

Tuesday, May 7th, 2024 11:20 PM

Closed

Changed my 3 Verizon phones at a Costco store - was promised one price but am being billed at a much higher rate - it's been a big hassle!

I have been fighting AT&T for months - and the more I look at the AT&T forum, the more I read about other people who have been scammed and gone through almost the identical things I have been through.

And then I get posts (Edited per community guidelines) that try to defend AT&T by saying that, even though the booth at the Costco store I was scammed at had a BIG AT&T sign, and I signed an agreement with AT&T, and it's AT&T service, no one else's - THAT it's NOT AT&T's responsibility!!!!! OK, that might have worked after the first "Juniper" and others posted that (Edited per community guidelines), but after seeing the same scams so many times on this site (and Reddit) - and the same creepy responses defending AT&T (they are probably all paid) - it's time to report AT&T to the BBB.  We'll see what happen s next.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

21 days ago

Lay off the insults, moderators have been notified.

Sellers in Costco do not work for AT&T. They are an authorized retailer, usually working for a 3rd party dealer called Smart Circle. Too often those sellers will say anything to make a sale, or are not well informed about the service since they are not AT&T employees. AT&T needs better oversight with those retailers, but that can only happen once their long term agreements come up so they can renegotiate.

AT&T honors what is on the official order. If a 3rd party authorized retailer promises more than that (verbal or in writing) than your dispute is with the Authorized Retailer and not AT&T. Not defending AT&T on this, just explaining the reality.

And it was time to submit to the BBB months ago as advised in your prior thread.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

21 days ago

So here's your thread from February...

https://forums.att.com/conversations/wireless-billing/changed-my-3-verizon-phones-at-a-costco-store-was-promised-one-price-but-am-being-billed-at-a-much-higher-rate-its-been-a-big-hassle/65cb8c2c0bf51202cad0667d

Yeah those slips from the post office with the tracking information on it were important. Tracking information is only available for a short time, certainly not for 6 months.  

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.