For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
prubedog's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 26th, 2019 2:00 PM

Change in ATT Wireless Bill - mulit-line charge separated from user.

the change in the new bill is terrible and i need help.  I have a family plan with several phones.  Previously, the $85 base fee was included in the primary phone's account, so under the primary, it would read $85 multi line charge, and $20 for the phone number, for a total of 105.  (i am rounding for taxes etc to make it simple).  Under the new bill the $85 is separated.  For those of us who get reimbursed from our companies, you just cost us $85, because our accounting departments look at the person's number and now reimburse $20 instead of $105.  i called customer service and they sent a form letter that says please reimburse this guy for the multiline charge!  they said they have been getting a lot of these calls.  Anyway, without the reimbursement, i am now out of pocket $85x12 or over $1,000 per year.  So when my phones are paid, which will be very shortly, you are forcing me to switch to TMobile because i ust can afford that.  Can you switch back to old bill statement?  thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

Interesting. I am allowed my line, plus 1/5 of the plan fee (as I have 5 lines total).  Was never allowed the entire plan fee.  

It’s more likely you can get the company policy on reimbursement to change.  

I either case, this isn’t where you make a request, it’s a community forum, not AT&T.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 years ago

@prubedog wrote:

the change in the new bill is terrible and i need help.  I have a family plan with several phones.  Previously, the $85 base fee was included in the primary phone's account, so under the primary, it would read $85 multi line charge, and $20 for the phone number, for a total of 105.  (i am rounding for taxes etc to make it simple).  Under the new bill the $85 is separated.  For those of us who get reimbursed from our companies, you just cost us $85, because our accounting departments look at the person's number and now reimburse $20 instead of $105.  i called customer service and they sent a form letter that says please reimburse this guy for the multiline charge!  they said they have been getting a lot of these calls.  Anyway, without the reimbursement, i am now out of pocket $85x12 or over $1,000 per year.  So when my phones are paid, which will be very shortly, you are forcing me to switch to TMobile because i ust can afford that.  Can you switch back to old bill statement?  thank you.

I agree with @lizdance40 that you should talk to your employer. If you think about it, being reimbursed for the entire shared plan was never right to begin with, since only a portion of that fee pertains to your use.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.