Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Jbeals01's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, November 30th, 2018 5:14 PM

Call logs from phone records and outgoing calls lasting between 1 to 4 minutes

(*Post paid AT&T acct., iPhone 6, Country: US, Further information sought on calls lasting between 1 to 4 minutes in Length, AT&T bill/phone records) 

Here is my question, (hoping for an answer as soon as possible!) so brief rub down is that my husband and I took our truck to get a diagnosis at a Sacramento, CA auto center. This auto center did UNAUTHORIZED repairs (in the amount of $5,600).. & yes, we filed a complaint with the BAR. As with any repair center there was a section on the bill which showed “Authorizations” which is suppose to have the exact Date, Time &  Person who Authorized the amount & repairs. Well their said “Authorizations” don’t match our phone records whatsoever. Today my husband and I are meeting with the company’s uper Mgmnt to further negotiate the reimbursement of monies ($2k so far) we are to get back thus far based on their own acknowledgement of wrong doing. So what I am seeking an answer on is this (&this is my own personal conclusion that I came to after doing a through review of matching phone call records with text messages) : 

1) 1 Minute call:

Does a ONE (1) MINUTE (outgoing) call mean that the person who you’ve called REJECTED your call (I came to the conclusion that it does, because... on One a 1minute call that my husband placed to the shops service writters - cell phone (@8:11pm) it lasted only 1minute - then immediately after that 1 minute “call” my husbands text log (on his phone) reflect a text msg from the service writer stating “I’ll call you back tomorrow bud...”  based on this information that I concluded that a ‘1 Minute’ *outgoing call does Not mean that the call was answered. And 1 min outgoing call means that the person called REJECTED the incoming call..

2.)  2 Minute Call:

A 2 minute **Outgoing call does NOT mean a “conversation” took place. I concluded that a TWO (2) Minute (outgoing) call means that the person you called did NOT ‘reject’ your call, INSTEAD allowed the phone to ring until the voice mail picked up. Or in other words you, (the caller.,) did not leave a voice message during this call, but did remain on the line until the individuals voicemail picked up - then hung up the phone. 

3.)  3 Minutes Calls:

i concluded that a 3 minute call means that the you, the caller., placed an outgoing call & proceeded to leave a voice message on the individuals phone. 

4. 4 Minute Call’s: 

i concluded a 4 minute outgoing call means that you left a longer voice message. 

5. 5 Minute+Call: 

i concluded that the minutes reflected on the bill are (obviously) rounded up, & that an outgoing call placed that lasts 5+ minutes is an actual conversation(?). Minutes ranging from 1-4 indicate that there were outgoing calls made but you - the caller - did not speak to anyone, ( & May or May not have left a Voice Message.) 

anyone know if my theory is correct??

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

5 years ago

I think you are jumping to conclusions the data doesn’t support. 

If I answer the phone and say, “Let me call you right back,” and hang up, your theory would suggest that would show as a 5 minute call, which is clearly incorrect. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Well i just contacted AT&t and spoke with a supervisor and he did say that I was correct. However, I did not inquire about how they determine those phone calls that were answered but were ‘quick calls,’ like what you had suggested. Ill have to call them back to ask that. Wish they could show on the bill whether a call was ‘answered,’ ‘ignored,’ ‘rang to VM,’ etc...

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Jbeals01, I don’t care what a supervisor told you, that isn’t correct and makes no sense. There’s no difference between a person answering the phone and voicemail answering a call. What would happen if someone left a 5 minute voicemail? 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

When you see 60 minutes duration on AT&T records, this doesn't mean that the data session was on for an hour.  This is called the GOAT.  Yes, GOAT.  That's the General Open Application Timer.  (My brother worked for AT&T).   That means that AT&T is scanning your phone to see which applications are open.  If you are using an application, AT&T keeps you connected but if not, there is no way for AT&T to know if it is still open, so once an hour a timer goes off and AT&T does a scan for open, but not being used applications.  These are AT&T initiated and they just tag it as 60 minutes so they know not to charge you.  The note at the bottom of the AT&T records tells you that.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.