For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Proverbs31's profile

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, May 11th, 2023 3:45 PM

Buy One Get One...is NOT really a Buy One Get One

This is more so an informative post.  I recently found out the BOGO is a sham...you ask why...because it is not a true BOGO as advertised and quite frankly...a purposeful misrepresentation by ATT.

I got my husband and I, 2 Apple Watches Series 7.  The watch line is $10 a piece, okay cool; I see that on my bill.  The device amount is 13.89 each...so one would expect to see two charges for 13.89 and then a credit for 13.89 on the second device...WRONG...you will only get a credit of $9.17 for the second device.  So essentially, the company keeps $169.30 not including tax...so really $180 of the BOGO...you DO NOT get your second device for free...you pay $180 for it in that they don't credit you the full amount..they Max out the credit to $330 bucks...so beware of the BOGO!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

1 year ago

I believe the current response to a post like this is just tell us you didn't read the fine print without telling us you didn't read the fine print.

It's all published and easily available, plain English.  At&t does a better job than the others on making sure it's all easily located and fully written out for us

All of the deals for equipment have a maximum allowed credit. The maximum allowed for the buy one get one smartwatch is published in the offer.

https://www.att.com/devices/apple/apple-watch-series-5-40mm.device_legal.xhr.html

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

1 year ago

You choose to buy a more expensive item than what was required

If one watch would have been,

• SE 2nd Gen up to $329.99

then would have received free BOGO as the watch was under the $330 max credit your receiving, instead you bought a $500 watch and are responsible for the difference.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

1 year ago

Even independent reviewers managed to get the meat of the offer down correctly

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/reviewed/2022/08/11/apple-watch-deals-shop-bogo-apple-watch-deal-at-t/10289611002/

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

“Formerly known as” that’s great for them! However, after waiting 35 mins with an appt to pick up my phones; and being explicitly told by the ATT sales person it was BOGO without the caveat the last thing I thought I needed to do was verify what a BOGO meant...to me it means BUY ONE GET ONE...NOT buy one, get one at a discount.

And as far as buy a cheaper watch...let me reiterate what we all know to be true...ATT employees at the stores are sales reps...and they are not all made the same; yes there are some who are amazing, and would have said to me, hey by the way the max amount is xyz..however, this individual was obviously all about getting us to purchase at that time the best watch..so the extra information was excluded...maybe out of convenience; maybe by mistake.

At the end of the day; my post was announcing for buyers to be aware that it is NOT Buy One Get One; doesn’t matter how you slice it or say ppl need to read the fine print...just shows how ridiculous business practices are...can’t expect anyone to be decent and mean what they say anymore....you have to read the fine print.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

1 year ago

BUY ONE GET ONE...NOT buy one, get one at a discount.

BOGO often means you'll get the second at discount, not just AT&T but everywhere. 

In your case it wasn't BUY ONE GET ONE FREE, which was your assumption, and is true for many purchasers (i.e., those who spent less than $330 for the 2nd phone).

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you! I know I’m not the only one who thought this...the other two ppl who commented on here acted like everyone goes in and asks the sales rep to detail and outline a BOGO...most of us think of it like any other store...you buy one and you get one...absolutely correct, it was my assumption; I just never experienced this prior...it was my first and last “BOGO”. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

1 year ago

@Proverbs31 

Most people don't have to be told that no service provider is going to give away a $700 watch free.  Not without a catch.

AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile are for profit businesses. Anytime a for-profit business uses the word free you should automatically be looking for the catch.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Considering you pay 499.99 for the watch I got, the didn’t give away $700.

Is there a reason why you feel the need to keep responding, my post was so others would be make aware. I’m not sure what’s your point in responding. Your information isn’t helpful. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

1 year ago

They easy thing for others to do is read the fine print which clearly you didn't do.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Correct, hence the post, for the rest of the normal world who may not read the fine print. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.