For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
L

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 9:56 PM

Besides FCC and BBB, who do I file complaint's against ATT with?

I Have had the worst nightmare since joining ATT from Verizon. I only came over because they offered a nice deal to port in ($700 per line for 3 separate lines). To send in my trade in verizon phones, I was told, per ATT, "you recieve the phones just send them back in the same box." No issue, I receive the package, label inside, sent back same day. Told later it was the wrong label, that was a "buyers remorse" label. Somehow my fault as phones went to wrong place and no got lost. I called on their recorded line and they state they found them. Never entered in computer. Now its been 9 months and I call every month, no one has fixed it but everyone said they would. This month was sorry can't help you, phones are lost. Besides FCC and BBB, who do I file complaints with?

TLDR: was offered $2,100 promo to switch from Verizon. I did. Mailed in the phones. UPS confirmed receipt. Verizon lost the phones at their warehouse. Won't honor contract. Voice recordings proving it's their fault. They basically said too bad, prove it.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Your state attorney general is a possibility and some have filed complaints with the FTC but besides that, anything more than one complaint with any of those agencies is overkill. The complaint ultimately gets you a response from the ATT Office of the President which is as high as you can go prior to the formal dispute process and arbitration. Seriously, one complaint will suffice. Personally, I’d go with the FCC.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I had forgotten about AG and arbitration. It normally doesn't escalate this high in a company. At one point they typically say oops, sorry, we will correct our mistake. Especially when their is proof and a signed contract. Thank you for the comment.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same issue going on. Did you ever get any resolution?

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Yes. FCC was the answer. They respond to those very promptly. I received full compensations and don't have a cell bill for about 9 months.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for info and responding!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am living the same nightmare. I got mine in March/April 2020, I had to file a BBB complaint, which they finally got around to fixing in NOVEMBER 2020 (8 months of overpaying). They did fix my issue and pay me back my discounts, but now they decided that after a year, that I don't get a discount any more even though it was a similar promotion to yours which they break down over the 2 year plan.....

It is insane that these business practices are legal.

ACE - New Member

• 

286 Messages

3 years ago

@monkaypants

Go ahead with the FCC complaint and see if that helps.

The Office of the President usually applies the credits as a one-time adjustment rather than a monthly deduction that the promotion details.

Good luck!

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

After 14 days get an email from ATT that they are removing discounts given by an ATT rep at the their store...

1st No one told me about additional info required.

2nd ATT sales rep took picture of my ID to prove discounts
3rd ATT removes discounts quickly but does not recognize trade ins that you have in your possession for several months therefore keep charging my account - no consideration for my (the customers) cash flow.
4th the up charges added an additional $60.00 a month to my bill - and have to jump through hoops to have them removed.  
I believe it's time to consider competitors and move away from ATT as well as go to the internist with these issues...
very frustrated,
Bruce

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

This is the same problem I had but I send in the right label and it showed they got it from tracking # I switch from Verizon 4 line to trade/port in and they don't show that they received them when usps tracking say it was delivered still today I am on phone with them every month since feb.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.