Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
sassy247's profile

7 Messages

Saturday, May 25th, 2024 3:53 PM

ATzt charging $1000 for free phone

This seems to be a recurring problem.

I have spoken with many customer service (CS) people. I was told just because I am old doesn't mean I can't learn to trade in and get new supposed free phone on my own at home. Another said they didn't believe where I lived because I couldn't go into the store. We are residents of the state but at summer place where our kids are. 3 people so very rude they had me in tears. One basically called me a liar about my permanent residence, when I became incensed she said to remember I was being recorded. I said GOOD.

I took my trade in to store because I am elderly. Sales person transfered from my phone to new phone then couldn't get my trade in phone to erase. He said take it home and destroy it. He took another phone out of a drawer and said he would send it in place and to destroy it. So I followed his advice. One CS rep told me I should have known better, I said are you serious? I don't work there and I needed help.

I wait 3 months for the extra 70 then extra 30 then another 30 to be credited. It did not. I was told "Well, you should have turned in your phone within 30 days. I said "How do you think the info got to the new phone?" I had it that day, obviously.

Had I known this would happen I would have gone back to store before leaving for summer. Hours upon hours with customer service, billing, loyalty.

The store manager said he had to talk to higher up person and would call back. Employee that waited on me was no longer working there. The ATT rep who is no longer there cost me over thousand dollars phone I never would have bought as I am facing surgeries and medical expenses. The reason I talked to so many is because the store manager won't answer the phone or call me back. I know he was in store 2 of 3 days I called. There is no recourse. I am mentally, emotionally, and physically sick over this. I am so disappointed in the company I have stock in. I don't know what to do from here. They don't care if their employee put me in debt and treat me like dirt, but they take my autopsy for over 10 years.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

23 days ago

It is not a" recurring problem" it is how all of these deals work. From all service providers.  Whether you did a trade-in, or a no trade-in required deal, the bill credits against the phone take approximately 90 days. You are always charged installments on the phone. Bill credits offset the charges in part or in full. 

The deals are published on AT&t's website. If you did not read the deal on the website, or when you took part in the deal, either online, on the phone, or in person, and read all of the information that was emailed to you or presented in person, and yet you signed it. Anyway, you have agreed to this deal as written 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

23 days ago

You seem to indicate that your phone was eligible for trade-in, but that you couldn't factory reset.   If you can't reset a Trade-in phone It is worth nothing. 

No receipt, no deal.  And if you never met any of the requirements, you were never eligible for the deal 

If you're not happy, pay off the phone which you can do in your online account by managing your installment. Once it's paid off you can factory unlock it and use it on a cheaper service provider

(edited)

7 Messages

20 days ago

Who are you? Of course they knew what phone I was trading in I bought from AT&T.

You are not helpful. Please do not keep blowing up my email.

Thank you.

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

20 days ago

@sassy247  This is a customer based forum. You do not get to dictate who replies to you. Also, your phone goes to a third party, not AT&T. Read how the promotion works so you are more educated. 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

20 days ago

@sassy247 This is a customer populated forum. The only answers you're going to get are from other customers. The only response you will get from AT&T is to contact them through the usual channels. Those usual channels can be found in the contact us link which is at the bottom of the web page 

You wrote in a previous post that your phone could not be traded in and that you were told to take it home because it couldn't be factory reset.  If it could not be factory reset, and you did not hand in a factory reset phone, then you did not do a trade in deal and are not eligible for bill credits against your new phone. 

Kind of like being offered $10,000 off of your new car if you trade in the old car. But you can't provide the dealership with the title to the old car so you can't trade it in.

Being able to remove user locks from the phone is part of the trade-in requirements 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.