For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
HahaWaitWhat's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 30th, 2014 12:33 AM

AT&T Next

So I've been looking at new phones under the AT&T Next monthly installments thing, and I'm not quite understanding it. If I order an AT&T Next smartphone, do I get it immediately? Do I have to pay 12 or 18 months of installments to then get the phone? I need a clear answer, because I'm just having trouble understanding it.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@HahaWaitWhat wrote:

So I've been looking at new phones under the AT&T Next monthly installments thing, and I'm not quite understanding it. If I order an AT&T Next smartphone, do I get it immediately? Do I have to pay 12 or 18 months of installments to then get the phone? I need a clear answer, because I'm just having trouble understanding it.

If you use a NEXT purchase agreement to buy a phone, you don't start paying until you get the phone.  I started one when I got my iPhone 6 back in Sept, and I had to pay my sales tax up front and was handed the phone.  The payments started on my mext monthly bill (which for me was only about a week after I get the new phone because of when my billing cycle was).

In simple terms, you get the phone first, then you start making payments on it, much like buying a new car.  Keep in mind that it is much like buying a car in that you either need to pay it off, or have it in good working order to trade it in later on, so if it might get damaged or lost/stolen, you will still need to pay for it so you might want to have some type of insurance or extended warranty for it...

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

@HahaWaitWhat wrote:

The idea with Next program is you would get it immediately, and you have 12 or 18 months to pay the full price of smartphone off. But within the 12 or 18 months the newer version of smartphone you have comes out, you can get it. Thing is, you trade in previous smartphone for newer version, and start up new Next Program, and can forget previous Next program.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

@MR_SMiT wrote:

@HahaWaitWhat wrote:

The idea with Next program is you would get it immediately, and you have 12 or 18 months to pay the full price of smartphone off. But within the 12 or 18 months the newer version of smartphone you have comes out, you can get it. Thing is, you trade in previous smartphone for newer version, and start up new Next Program, and can forget previous Next program.

Your NEXT explanation is not quite correct. The NEXT 12 is divided into 20 installments and you can trade in and upgrade after 12 and not have to pay off the remaining installments.. 

The NEXT 18 is divided into 24 installments, and you can trade in and upgrade after 18 months.

There is also a NEXT 24 divided into 30 installments but you can trade in and upgrade after 24 months.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.