For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
igc375's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 9th, 2015 7:33 PM

ATT Next and Refurbished Replacement

My phone was stolen. Filed a claim. Asurion replaced it with a refurbished phone, different model. I reached out to billing because I was sure I would not have to keep paying an installment plan for a device I no longer possess. I could tell the rep was thrown by the question. Shouldn't the installment agreement be adjusted based on the phone? I paid a deductible to receive a replacement. The old phone should be paid off if I have a used phone the bill should be adjusted or credited depending on model. Right? Help?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@igc375 wrote:
My phone was stolen. Filed a claim. Asurion replaced it with a refurbished phone, different model. I reached out to billing because I was sure I would not have to keep paying an installment plan for a device I no longer possess. I could tell the rep was thrown by the question. Shouldn't the installment agreement be adjusted based on the phone? I paid a deductible to receive a replacement. The old phone should be paid off if I have a used phone the bill should be adjusted or credited depending on model. Right? Help?

The Next plan is basically a 0% interest loan to pay for a phone bought at full retail price. Just like if you had a car loan, you would still have to pay for it even if your car was stolen or in an accident and just like a car where your auto insurance is totally separate from your car loan, your Asurian phone insurance is totally separate from your Next plan. The deductible you paid to Asurian did not pay off your Next plan, it is just a deductible like any auto insurance carries. Sorry to say but you still have to pay off whatever you owe on your Next plan and the installments will not be changed or adjusted because you no longer have the original phone.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

No insurance I know of works that way. Wreck your car? Sure the insurance may be enough to cover the remaining balance, but they don't do that AND give you a replacement car. Same with home owners, renters, etc. 

No, you have to finish paying the stolen phone off.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Asurion is not a subsidiary of ATT.   Your loan is with ATT.  Your insurance is with Asurion.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am still paying for the Apple 7 plus the mother board was giving out . Can't use this phone. So messed up.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Triedofitall. If you are writing about a defective iPhone 7, contact APPLE.   Your phone is under Apple warranty for one year.   

As long as you did not damage the phone in any way, the warranty is good.   Contact Apple directly for a replacement.  

If you received an insurance replacement that is defective, IMMEDIATELY inform Asurion and insist on a replacement.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

WHERE IS MY PHONE?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@margieturtle   You're going to have to ask with more information than that.  This is a community forum, NOT AT&T.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.