For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
efmanmo's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, July 25th, 2018 8:54 PM

AT&T FRAUD COMPLAINT

AT&T FRAUD COMPLAINT: In November of last year, I took advantage of AT&T's promotion: Buy 1 iPhone X, get an iPhone 8 for free (provided you open a new phone line). The agent I spoke to on the phone prematurely canceled my phone line, so I asked AT&T to cancel the phone order and went to a physical storefront in Philadelphia to purchase a phone. I was told both by the store representative and the phone rep that the order was canceled. A few days later, I received the "canceled" phone in the mail and promptly used the AT&T-provided return label, dropped the phone off at my post office, and received confirmation that the phone was delivered to AT&T's provider (Newgistics). It is now 8 months later, I am STILL receiving charges for the phone on my bill. I have opened numerous cases with AT&T to refund the phone, and they are denying the cases due to "insufficient evidence" that the phone was mailed. As mentioned, I have provided evidence (via USPS tracking) that the phone was mailed. It is now on AT&T to track down the phone, as it was evidently lost/stolen/misplaced by THEIR provider. I have now spoken to at least 20 representatives (via phone, Twitter, and live chat), have in writing from AT&T a guarantee that the charges will be refunded, and still .. no refund. Has anyone had this issue who can advise? Needless to say, I am contacting a lawyer, as this is thousands of dollars of fraud charges I am experiencing. My parents and I have been AT&T customers across the board (home, business, etc.) for 20+ years; this is beyond ridiculous.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Lost phones seem to be a common complaint seen here. It sounds like you have all the evidence you need. Before throwing money at a lawyer, suggest you file an FCC complaint. That will result in someone from the Office of the President contacting you. Hopefully, they can resolve the issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@efmanmo wrote:

A few days later, I received the "canceled" phone in the mail and promptly used the AT&T-provided return label, dropped the phone off at my post office, and received confirmation that the phone was delivered to AT&T's provider (Newgistics). 

If you have tracking information that you can see on-line, print it or take a screenshot. At some point these things tend to disappear, don't assume it'll be there later.

Do you have the receipt from dropping it off? It's always helpful to have that.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I submitted the receipt for dropping it off with the tracking immediately. They said this wasn't sufficient evidence.. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@efmanmo wrote:

I submitted the receipt for dropping it off with the tracking immediately. They said this wasn't sufficient evidence.. 

Submitted? Do you still have it?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

ATT lost track of my phone and sent me an postcard stating that I did not include a bill that showed an Early Termination Fee or Equipment installment plan.  When i contacted customer service, they told me that message was wrong and they were looking for my phone - some were shipped to the wrong locations.  I gave them the RMA number and tracking number from the mailing slip (had taken picture).  Luckily for me, they resolved it after two phone calls and the visa card is allegedly being processed.  Good luck.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Yes I still have it. I sent them a photo 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I have been dealing with them for months and they won't even admit to having lost the phone. They are saying it's my responsibility, even though I have proven that I dropped it off at the post office, and that the post office delivered it to their Newgistics center. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@efmanmo Did you follow the suggestion in post #2?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

As recommended, file a complaint with BBB and or FCC.  You did your part.  They can’t pull this 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Just submitted a complaint with the FCC - thanks! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.