For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Nigel214's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 3rd, 2017 10:29 PM

Why should I stay with AT&T?

I have been with AT&T since 1998, and never have has a problem.  I received an offer from T Mobile to pay off my phone (owe $650), and they would sell me that same phone for $400, and my monthly cost would be $50 / mo for the first year.  I did the math and I will save about $300/ over the 24 month period.

I went and chatted with ATT support (waited 15 min for the first person), explained my offer and asked why I should stay with AT&T?  They couldn't answer and transferred me to someone else (and didn't tell me), I waited 35 min for the next person, asked the same question, and was transferred again (with out telling me) and the last guy I talked to kept giving me the spiel about network,... yada yada yada.  So I asked to talk with his supervisor.  After talking to her for another 30min tells me I should call loyalty.  I was upset I spent 2 1/2 hours in chat for something they could have told me off the bat. 

Next day I call loyalty and explained, she said she cannot help me and transferred me to billing who then said this wasn't a billing issue it was a loyalty issue, and transferred me back to loyalty, where I met Brittney,  She has a nasty attitude from the moment I started talking to her, and she told me no one can help me and the deal with T Mobile is a good deal and I should go to them.  I was shocked, thanked her and hung up.

I am pretty sore about this.  All I want to know is why should I stay with AT&T when the other companies will charge me less for my handset, and answer my calls in 30 seconds. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Nigel214 wrote:

I have been with AT&T since 1998, and never have has a problem.  I received an offer from T Mobile to pay off my phone (owe $650), and they would sell me that same phone for $400, and my monthly cost would be $50 / mo for the first year.  I did the math and I will save about $300/ over the 24 month period.

I went and chatted with ATT support (waited 15 min for the first person), explained my offer and asked why I should stay with AT&T?  They couldn't answer and transferred me to someone else (and didn't tell me), I waited 35 min for the next person, asked the same question, and was transferred again (with out telling me) and the last guy I talked to kept giving me the spiel about network,... yada yada yada.  So I asked to talk with his supervisor.  After talking to her for another 30min tells me I should call loyalty.  I was upset I spent 2 1/2 hours in chat for something they could have told me off the bat. 

Next day I call loyalty and explained, she said she cannot help me and transferred me to billing who then said this wasn't a billing issue it was a loyalty issue, and transferred me back to loyalty, where I met Brittney,  She has a nasty attitude from the moment I started talking to her, and she told me no one can help me and the deal with T Mobile is a good deal and I should go to them.  I was shocked, thanked her and hung up.

I am pretty sore about this.  All I want to know is why should I stay with AT&T when the other companies will charge me less for my handset, and answer my calls in 30 seconds. 

The number 1, most important reason you should use to select a cell phone provider is if service is available where you need to make and receive calls and text and/or use mobile data. Everything else should be a distant second; what could is inexpensive service and devices if you can't use them where and when you need to?

You can look online and compare what plans AT&T has available and see if there is a less expensive option after you determine that T-Mobile has good service. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

In my case I know for a fact T-mobile and Sprint are horrible where I live.  Saving money only feels good if your service still works. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Plus if you travel, you need to consider service outside where you live too. There is a reason Sprint and T-Mobile are a distant 3 and 4 among the top 4. You won't care how much you're saving if the service is lousy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.