Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
yallapapi's profile

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, June 15th, 2023 1:45 AM

Who can I complain to about a branch?

I have been trying for the past month to open mobile business lines with ATT. After getting sick of bounced around on the automated system or "transferred" by phone reps (who just sent me back to the beginning of the automation), I decided to go into my branch.
At first, they seemed helpful and I was able to open a few lines. But when I tried to open more, I got the runaround. They'd tell me oh we'll get back to you, or someone will reach out from the business team, and meanwhile nothing. I've had to drag answers out of them by calling htem multiple times after not hearing from them for days.
Any time I go in there to get some help (I live five minutes from the branch), I hear the same thing. Then I just get an email from the manager yesterday telling me "oh sorry, the business team said they can't help you." What the (Edited per community guidelines)? I want to talk to the business team, not to you.
And then to top it all off, I get a bill today for $1000! Not only did I pay them $600 LAST WEEK, but I was told that the activation fees for all the lines (that I paid, by the way) would get credited back to my account on the next bill.
I don't even think they're incompetent, I think they just don't give a (Edited per community guidelines). They're not going to get fired, they're not going to lose money, so they don't do (Edited per community guidelines) unless I make a stink. Super low effort.
All I want to do is talk to someone on the phone who can help, who can actually get (Edited per community guidelines) done. And then I want to complain about this store and to anyone else who will listen.
After dealing with all this nonsense I went into a competitor (I won't say who bc this post will prob get taken down) and was able to open 50 lines in 24 hours. I went into the store, told them what I wanted, and someone called me A FEW HOURS LATER. ATT is either a complete joke of a company or so bloated that they have literally no idea what the (Edited per community guidelines) different sections of the company are doing.
So bottom line is this: Who can I complain to? I want to send someone an email or call someone and tell them about this and then try to get some help.
Thanks for reading my blog.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

11 months ago

If you went to an AT&T Retail Store you can complain to the manager or find out who his manager is and complain to him. Retail stores are not owned or operated by AT&T and are not staffed with AT&T employees. AT&T has little to no control over their business practices. If you verified that it was a Corporate Store that’s a different matter. In either case, file a complaint with the BBB. They will forward the complaint to AT&T Corporate and someone from the Office of the President will contact you. That’s as high as you can within AT&T to discuss you issues.

• 

5 Messages

11 months ago

That's so interesting, makes total sense now why they didn't seem to give a (Edited per community guidelines). I sent them a nasty email just now so I'll give htem one last chance to fix it and if they don't I'll go file my complaint with the BBB. Appreciate your fast response!

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

11 months ago

Authorized AT&T Retail Stores have lots of issues, at least some of them do as reported on the Forums. Their sole purpose is to sell AT&T goods and services and some of them will do just about anything to make a sale. Some are very deceptive in what they tell a customer. It really is unfortunate because all it does is further tarnish AT&T. They look exactly like a Corp Store so if the outside signage doesn’t indicate “Authorized “ you still might want to ask inside. As a side note, kiosks in stores like Target, Costco, Sam’s Club, etc are all retail outlets as well. 

Community Support

• 

232.1K Messages

11 months ago

Hi @yallapapi,
We want to help. Let’s meet in a Direct Message on this. Please check your Direct Message Inbox (it’s the chat icon next to the bell icon in the upper right corner of the forums).

Antwan
AT&T Business Social Media

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.