For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
mkskupa's profile

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 17th, 2024 11:49 PM

What is AT&T doing to secure its servers????

Twice in just the past couple of years I have received notification from AT&T that my account information has been compromised, and you offer me some kind of Experian service free of charge to be alerted if my account(s) become impacted. This basically shifts the responsibility to me to keep an eye on my account security. And these services you offer for free do NOT protect my accounts. They simply send an alert after the fact of suspicious activity. I go to great lengths to keep my accounts secure, and I already subscribe to an Identity Theft protection of sorts. But I'm tired of companies not keeping my information safe! And then shifting the responsibility to me! I want to know what AT&T is doing to secure their own servers to protect the private information of their clients! Why does this keep happening???? AT&T clearly is not taking account security seriously or this kind of account intrusion wouldn't keep happening.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

12 days ago

All cellular providers put the bulk of security on the customer. If you have any illusions of anything else, consider your bubble pop

4 Messages

12 days ago

Yes, my bubble has been popped. Actually, it was popped the first time this happened, which is why I locked down all of my accounts with all of the major credit-reporting agencies. It was my only recourse. But AT&T seems to be the worst, because this is the 2nd time in 2 years, while I have never had this happen with any of my other accounts (at least, to my knowledge??) But I appreciate your response, and am glad at least someone read it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.