Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?

AT&T related help:

M

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 15th, 2021 3:52 PM

Closed

Weird texts received Re. Account & Billing

Hello. First time here on a forum. I’ve been getting repeated text messages warning me that my “account will be locked” if I don’t clear my SPAM folder by going to a provided link immediately. I have reported the texts to the company, and HAVE NOT clicked the link, but am wondering if anyone else is getting these?? I’ve also been getting messages appearing to be from the company that I am over my limit and showing what I will be over-charged (although I am on an Unlimited plan), and when I followed up on that, the company acknowledged those were sent, but in error. Anyone else experienced any of this?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

AT&T Free Msg: We will Lock Your Device Soon. Please clear spam messages. Scan now >>

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Those “account will be locked” texts are scam texts and not from ATT. Yes, others have been getting them and many others. Ignore and delete. I can’t explain the overage texts, especially if ATT acknowledges they are from ATT. I’d say ignore them too and don’t worry unless you do get charged.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.